(Archived) Windows RT client does not support rich text

vinaysp

... Also would like to see edit be the primary mode - not very helpful to start with a read-only view of a note and then have to press the edit button to do anything with it.

I agree, but that'll really depend on your usage though. For example, when we moved to tap to edit on iOS, we've gotten a bunch of users who don't even being able to activate editing that quickly. Not that we won't move in that direction, just saying there are advocates for both sides

I have to second this - I was so excited to see the new "metro" style design of the evernote interface, and I would like to do the majority of my note-taking in this windows 8 app but the lack of rich formatting is a HUGE deal breaker. I can't even view my whiteboard screenshots, other than seeing the thumbnail in the notes list.

This lack of functionality is extremely disappointing - I hope rich formatting for the metro app comes out soon.

I have to second this - I was so excited to see the new "metro" style design of the evernote interface, and I would like to do the majority of my note-taking in this windows 8 app but the lack of rich formatting is a HUGE deal breaker. I can't even view my whiteboard screenshots, other than seeing the thumbnail in the notes list.

This lack of functionality is extremely disappointing - I hope rich formatting for the metro app comes out soon.

Me too. We know we have a lot of work to do on this app still and the next few updates will show that. It's just hard trying to catch up to the other platforms that have had years to develop.

I really love Evernote, and are excited for what you guys are planning to do with Evernote 5 (I am also a Mac user) but I just got my Surface and still use Evernote for my school notes, it is annoying to write something down in class, and have to pick it up on my Mac later to edit the rich text. Do you guys have an estimate of how long it will take for this feature to be implemented? (Also hopefully including audio recordings as well?)

I really love Evernote, and are excited for what you guys are planning to do with Evernote 5 (I am also a Mac user) but I just got my Surface and still use Evernote for my school notes, it is annoying to write something down in class, and have to pick it up on my Mac later to edit the rich text. Do you guys have an estimate of how long it will take for this feature to be implemented? (Also hopefully including audio recordings as well?)

So we don't give estimates or roadmaps, but it is definitely one of the most important things we're working on. I've been working closely with the Mac team (I shifted to focus on Windows a few months back) and you'll see a lot of the thinking behind the Mac V5 in the Win8 app soon too. So stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived