(Archived) Option to Not Synch Certain Notebooks?

I'm thinking of going paperless office. But I don't want/can't fit years of utility bills and such on my iPhone, just on my desktop. Is there (or might there one day be) a way to set given notebooks not to synch with my portable devices?

I'm thinking of going paperless office. But I don't want/can't fit years of utility bills and such on my iPhone, just on my desktop. Is there (or might there one day be) a way to set given notebooks not to synch with my portable devices?

Mobile devices do not store all the note data. They store the header data only. The exception is if you have a premium account & then you can specify which notebooks you want fully downloaded to your phone. The header info for my 35+ gig database takes up a small portion on my 32 gig iPhone.

The info Wern gave does apply to the desktop clients.

Please search the board on "offline" notebooks (they only live on mobile devices) and "local" notebooks which only live on the desktop clients for more info.

Mobile devices do not store all the note data. They store the header data only.

Hmm.....but the notebooks on my iphone show full data even when the phone's in airplane mode (all comms shut off).

When you create a notebook, you have to decide if you want it synced or local (unsynced). The choice cannot be undone later.

How does one submit a feature suggestion? I can imagine many scenarios where you'd want to be able to choose later! :)

• Level 5*
Mobile devices do not store all the note data. They store the header data only.

Hmm.....but the notebooks on my iphone show full data even when the phone's in airplane mode (all comms shut off).

Your mobile device may have full note content cached, but there are no guarantees about that, unless you have notes in offline notebooks. And even then, it's subject to storage constraints.

• Level 5*
How does one submit a feature suggestion? I can imagine many scenarios where you'd want to be able to choose later!

You can submit a feature suggestion by posting in the forums here. Evernote staff read every post, though they do not comment on all of them.

Archived