(Archived) ScanSnap Scanning comes in backwards in Evernote

Seth G.

Hi Everyone,

I took the plunge and got the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i. I absolutely love it, but have found one flaw with how it works with Evernote.

Let's say I have a multi-page doc that I'm scanning in. It's in order (1, 2, 3, 4 etc). When I scan it in the PDF that is made is in the right order but when it goes in to Evernote the first one goes in first and is at the bottom of the scans. So when I go to merge them into one document in Evernote the first page is the last page. Is there an easy way of reordering the pages so that the first is the first and so on?

Please let me know!

-Seth

Let's say I have a multi-page doc that I'm scanning in. It's in order (1, 2, 3, 4 etc). When I scan it in the PDF that is made is in the right order but when it goes in to Evernote the first one goes in first and is at the bottom of the scans. So when I go to merge them into one document in Evernote the first page is the last page. Is there an easy way of reordering the pages so that the first is the first and so on?

I don't understand what you're doing here. If you add a multi page PDF to Evernote, there should be no need to merge so all the document's pages are in a single Evernote. Unless you're scanning one page = one PDF...??? Which kind of defeats the purpose of scanning to PDF.

Hi Everyone,

I took the plunge and got the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i. I absolutely love it, but have found one flaw with how it works with Evernote.

Please let me know!

-Seth

I also recently bought a ScanSnap, but I don't have this issue. I suspect you need to change your scansnap manager settings to tell it that you are scanning multi page documents. The result should be that you can drop a 10 paged document into the scan snap, hit the scan button, wait for it to scan all 10 pages, watch it do some processing on all 10, and then EN should have 1 new note, with 1 multipage pdf attached.

If the multi page scan is not working (my S1100 feeds each page into one PDF which is finalized when I hit the scan button that is lit after the last page is scanned), then...

To merge notes in order, highlight the first note. Then hold the cntl key, and click each note in order you want. Then, right click and select merge while tue cursor is still on the last note (don't know if it has to be on last note), or hit the merge button. Voila!

Anybody give you the answer that works for you?

Thanks guys. I know it defeats the purpose of just scanning it in and forgetting but sometimes I like having the one doc with multiple pages all merged together in evernote in one note.

They are coming in to PDF in the right order.

Thanks for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...

@hvelez, I scanned about 100 documents in last night and they all have thumbs on the web and iPad. Mine are all PDFs and I had to wait a bit for them to fully sync and update on the screen. I can't see how the scanner would make a difference in the thumbnail Evernote makes with its notes. My understanding is that the thumbnail is something Evernote makes for us and not something the scanner does or does not do.

What am I missing? Are you doing anything differently than I am? (like JPGs instead of PDFs)

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue as I think the OP does. When I put a multipage document in the scanner (first page facing me) and I choose Scan to EN (document), the scanned document comes into EN as one document but the last page shows as the first page. I can't see how to change this in the ScanSnap settings....

I have the same issue as I think the OP does. When I put a multipage document in the scanner (first page facing me) and I choose Scan to EN (document), the scanned document comes into EN as one document but the last page shows as the first page. I can't see how to change this in the ScanSnap settings....

Have you tried putting the pages in the other direction? I load pages into my Scansnap with the first page away from me.

Have you tried putting the pages in the other direction? I load pages into my Scansnap with the first page away from me.

No, I haven't but I have a hunch that might work! I just figured there must be a more elegant solution.

Archived