(Archived) How to use the Stylus pen Galaxy tab 10.1 HELP :(

Sophiex

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I have Evernote. I am trying to figure out how to use the Stylus pen. I messed around with the settings and everything but I cant freaking find the drawing option or whatever you call it. Can someone help me please. I want to write my lecture notes with my stylus pen, because typing is quite anooying. Really appreciated if you can explain to me how. Thank you!

I use the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with a stylus similar to the Samsung Note 10.1 and I've purchased a separate app called Lecturenotes from the Google Play store. I use it to hand write my lectures, take notes at meetings, or anything I would have handwritten in a paper notebook. I then save the pages as pdfs which I then export to Evernote for storage. It's fantastic. The free version of the app is limited, but the paid version is worth every penny. There are several writing apps like it, such as Quill, but Lecturenotes is my favorite. And the developer is very responsive. You can find discussion threads at the XDA developers forum by doing a search on the app name.

As another teaching tip, I also purchased an app called ezPDF that I use to annotate research papers. I can then store the annotated pdf in EN or I can send the highlighted sections to EN by exporting annotations.

I only use Skitch for the occasional marking up or resizing of a screenshot before I insert the screenshot into Lecturenotes. For extended notetaking, Lecturenotes is much more flexibile.

Hope that helps.

I use the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet with a stylus similar to the Samsung Note 10.1 and I've purchased a separate app called Lecturenotes from the Google Play store. I use it to hand write my lectures, take notes at meetings, or anything I would have handwritten in a paper notebook. I then save the pages as pdfs which I then export to Evernote for storage. It's fantastic. The free version of the app is limited, but the paid version is worth every penny. There are several writing apps like it, such as Quill, but Lecturenotes is my favorite. And the developer is very responsive. You can find discussion threads at the XDA developers forum by doing a search on the app name.

As another teaching tip, I also purchased an app called ezPDF that I use to annotate research papers. I can then store the annotated pdf in EN or I can send the highlighted sections to EN by exporting annotations.

I only use Skitch for the occasional marking up or resizing of a screenshot before I insert the screenshot into Lecturenotes. For extended notetaking, Lecturenotes is much more flexibile.

Hope that helps.

Hey thank you! :)

May I ask if there a app that converts my handwriting to a letter? so if I write S it types S for me. :P

Skitch might help you: http://evernote.com/skitch/

However, let me suggest another idea. I have a Galaxy Tablet and I take notes with a few times a week. I've learned to use the Swipe keyboard and I find it very close to as fast as writing (maybe as fast).

Here's a link to information showing Swype in action: http://www.swype.com/

However, in my case it was already there, I just needed to select it from the language and keyboard options in the tablet (or phone) settings.

I have an app that came with my tablet that converts to text, but I never use it (Notes Mobile). The handwriting recognition isn't perfect and I don't want to take the time to fix the errors. If I want to type something, I find it easier to just type on my laptop. The tablet is a replacement for the notepad and datebook I used to carry everywhere. The combo of Lecturenotes and Evernote has fixed the paper mess I had.

Archived