(Archived) Best place to submit Evernote feature requests and bugs?

Jay P.

Idea

Howdy everyone,

What is the official place for (paying) users to submit feature requests and bugs? I am both a software developer and hardcore Evernote user, so I tend to find quite a lot of bugs and have many ideas for improvements.

Thanks,

Jay

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Howdy everyone,

What is the official place for (paying) users to submit feature requests and bugs? I am both a software developer and hardcore Evernote user, so I tend to find quite a lot of bugs and have many ideas for improvements.

Thanks,

Jay

Hi. Welcome to the forums! You are looking at the best place for any user (premium or free) to submit ideas. Evernote staff read the threads and regularly jump into discussions, and reporting bugs here has the added benefit of helping out your fellow users, who can benefit from knowing about how to deal with them.

• Level 5

There used to be a formal built-in Request feature with the customer support link, but it was removed earlier this year.

I'd like to believe the Evernote staff are actually reading the user comments.

But in my opinion, the number of constructive replies from Evernote staff have dropped when compared to past years.

The Evernote Evangelists are filling in the gap.

There still is in the Customer Support link.

Select "I'm having some other problem not listed here" and then select "Feedback".

Is that the official, encouraged way to submit feedback then? i.e. does that way have a higher chance of making its way into the internal ticketing system since it's reviewed more than the forums?

I suggest:

Open a thread here with a very descriptive title so others can weigh in, probably one per suggestion.

Open a ticket if something seems to be a bug, and keep after them - probably should do there and here, just to make sure everybody knows.

As you see by comments made, and from my experience, there is no official directive. This product and user base is huge. Keep good backups!

Stefanlasiewski, please post in the Evernote forum and categorize your feature request thread under your respective platform.

Ex. if you want a new feature in Mac, post in "Evernote" and categorize it under "Mac" 

You can add "Feature request: ______" in the thread title as well. There aren't strict submission guidelines on submitting feature requests or bug reports on the forums.

Archived