(Archived) notes - arranging numerically inside a notebook

I have a collection of notes, each named with a numeral - 1, 2, 3 etc. each numeral followed by the word 'puntata'. (1. puntata / 2. puntata / 3. puntata etc.)

The note dropdown menu labelled 'Notes by Created' has the option 'Reverse sort Order'.

The set of notes in a notebook that I am trying to arrange numerically gets in the right order, except for the '5', which always follows the '1' in the ascending order and precedes the '1' in the descending order, however many times I click on 'Reverse Sort Order'.

Is that a bug?

• Level 5*

I have a collection of notes, each named with a numeral - 1, 2, 3 etc. each numeral followed by the word 'puntata'. (1. puntata / 2. puntata / 3. puntata etc.)

The note dropdown menu labelled 'Notes by Created' has the option 'Reverse sort Order'.

The set of notes in a notebook that I am trying to arrange numerically gets in the right order, except for the '5', which always follows the '1' in the ascending order and precedes the '1' in the descending order, however many times I click on 'Reverse Sort Order'.

Is that a bug?

In general, it is best to use a 0 before the numbers 1-9, and if you want to sort them in order, you'll need to sort by title. The created date has nothing to do with the title.

thanks GrumpyMonkey. I am aware of the universal good practice in computing of naming files starting with a numberal 01, 02, 03 rather 1, 2, 3.

01, 02, 03 is what I named my notes like in the first place, with this issues with the numeral '5' cropping up.

I then renamed my files 1,2,3 etc. to try and get rid of the problem, but no cigar.

I have now gone back to the initial format - 01, 02, 03 etc. Now '05' is stuck to '06' but in the wrong order... 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 05

In the reverse order, 05, 06, 04, 03, 02, 01...

• Level 5*

issue resolved.

silly me.

in the 'Notes by Title' dropdown menu, 'Created' was ticked, rather than title.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Not a waste of time at all! I think the "sort" feature in its current implementation can be a little confusing. I don't have a better solution, but it is something to think about improving in the future. Google doesn't do it especially well either, so I think it is kind of a difficult concept to iconify and display succinctly on an interface.

Archived