(Archived) Note content could not be downloaded at this time. Check your network connection and try again later

Bnjmnalan

"Note content could not be downloaded at this time. Check your network connection and try again later"

This is the message I have gotten for 3 days now when I try to open an attachment in my notes. The attachments that I had looked at just recently prior to the problem still work, probably because they are in my cache. However, all others do not work - jpegs, pdf, doc, etc...

This is not my network connection. I have tried it on my home wifi, all other apps and internet works just fine and Evernote still gives me this message. I have tried it on mobile data- all other apps and internet work but Evernote gives me this message. I have tried it on a friend's wifi - all other apps and internet work but Evernote gives me this message.

A large amount of what I have on Evernote are attachments and 85% of my Evernote usage is on my Android devices. I really need it to work.

P.S. Everything works fine on my home laptop with a wifi connection.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Device: Galaxy S I9000.

Evernote Version: 4.2.1

Evernote Build: AndroidMarket_42_1_34/f0f9df9

Network Operator: 310410 / HOME

• 3 months later...

What size are the files you are trying to view? I ran into the same message in the last couple of days, also on Android, while trying to view attachments greater than 10 MB in size. A 10 MB file can be retrieved and viewed, anything larger fails on Android. Files which are smaller, even though posted recently work, files larger, posted within mintues of the above do not. I can view the attachments in Evernote Web or Evernote Windows, so I know the file is good.

I have a reply in the thread announcing 4.5 on Android asking for confirmation. I think this is either a bug, or an unacknowledged "feature" hearkening back to the days of slow and limited data connections. I, too, would like to use Evernote to catalogue PDFs and other files, but this could be a deal-breaker, and I've been a user for a number of years.

Archived