(Archived) Use tags as filters in a specific notebook

pirafrank

Hi, this is my first post. I'm Frank, an happy evernote user.

Since I reordered some stuff, my evernote account now has 650+ notes and 100+ tags.

On Android app, although I have the latest version available from the Play Store, there's no way to use tags as a filter in a specific notebook. So when I select a tag/multiple tags, instead of showing tagged notes of the selected notebook, it shows all notes with that tag there are in ALL notebooks.

Don't know if it is the same also on other supported mobile platforms. 'Tag as a filter per notebook' has always worked on desktop clients. I use both Windows and Mac OS X versions.

I'd appreciate your help.

Frank.

Tags are global. Which is a good thing, IMO. That means I can have my a/c receipt tagged "receipt" regardless if I plop it into my "bills" notebook or my "home" notebook. In order to refine your search, you would need to specify the notebook. IIRC, notebook specifier must be the first thing in the search bar. IE:

notebook:home tag:receipt

Edit: sniped by Mike.

Welcome.....

Select advanced search below the standard search box. Then you have the option to select specific notebooks and tags.

Tags are global. Which is a good thing, IMO. That means I can have my a/c receipt tagged "receipt" regardless if I plop it into my "bills" notebook or my "home" notebook. In order to refine your search, you would need to specify the notebook. IIRC, notebook specifier must be the first thing in the search bar. IE:

notebook:home tag:receipt

Edit: sniped by Mike.

Wow! Actually immediate! Fantastic forum. Thank you guys. Both solutions work. Sorry about the 'BUG' flag in the title, I'm going to remove it. I'm just beginning to discover how powerful Evernote is.

I played a little and, as a new feature, it would be great if there were shortcut in search string, IE:

notebook:home tag:receipt or notebook:"notebook named with more than one word" tag:"more than a word tag"

would be

nb:home,tag:receipt or nb:notebook named with more than one word,tag:more than a word tag

Wow! Actually immediate! Fantastic forum. Thank you guys. Both solutions work. Sorry about the 'BUG' flag in the title, I'm going to remove it. I'm just beginning to discover how powerful Evernote is.

I played a little and, as a new feature, it would be great if there were shortcut in search string, IE:

notebook:home tag:receipt or notebook:"notebook named with more than one word" tag:"more than a word tag"

would be

nb:home,tag:receipt or nb:notebook named with more than one word,tag:more than a word tag

FWIW, I think a lot of people don't realize how powerful the EN search engine is. At least initially. It's pretty powerful & amazing.

Regarding your suggestion, I use text expanders for this.

• Level 5*

FWIW, I think a lot of people don't realize how powerful the EN search engine is. At least initially. It's pretty powerful & amazing.

Some of us know exactly how powerful the search capabilities are, and others are (maybe painfully) aware of where the limitations are. :) But this case was pretty straightforward, and the Knowledge Base pretty much covers it: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23245321

Some of us know exactly how powerful the search capabilities are, and others are (maybe painfully) aware of where the limitations are. :) But this case was pretty straightforward, and the Knowledge Base pretty much covers it: https://support.ever...earch-operators

Really thank you! I've clipped that page. Now I use EN more efficiently.

would be

Regarding your suggestion, I use text expanders for this.

http://discussion.ev...it/#entry161437

Thank you too for the suggestion. I've read the topic. Now I'm looking for a good text expander on android.

Anyway it would be great if it was a built-in feature of the client, so you can write special commands expanded or not.

Archived