(Archived) Evernote for Android 4.2.2 Beta

Xavier_

Hi All,

Here is a minor update fixing some reported issue (mainly around the offline notebooks)

Please report any problem you may still have with the offline notebook syncing here, we want to make sure it works nicely now.

Here are the links to download:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

http://s.evernote.com/skitchpreview

Please give it a try and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

I used to get Evernote updates for Android that were Beta ONLY, but now, the public versions from Google Play keep overriding the beta updates I used to get. Any tips on how to keep my beta update notifications over the public notices?

Thanks in advance!

Great, the sync issues and jumping around during offline notebook selection have gone away... However, I now have the problem that Evernote keeps switching back to grid view, even though I keep choosing list view. I'm running on a Nexus 7.

Cheers, Mark

A bit OT, but I wanted ask about OCR and Page Camera. Does the Page Camera feature in iOS add any additional word recognition beyond what Evernote already uses? When Page Camera comes to Android, will it be able to be used with any notebook pages, not just the special Moleskine pages?

Great, the sync issues and jumping around during offline notebook selection have gone away... However, I now have the problem that Evernote keeps switching back to grid view, even though I keep choosing list view. I'm running on a Nexus 7.

Cheers, Mark

same problem here with switching back to grid view

(Apologies if this isn't the best thread to ask this.)

I'm finding it frustrating to hear about new products when there are some very useful (and seemingly core) features that you have on some platforms that aren't available on others.

The two I'm particularly asking about are (for Android):

1. Inline pdfs

2. Creating links within notes

I've asked about the first of these before and seen others asking about the second, and the response was "it's in the plans" - but when might we see these features? They would both make Evernote much more powerful on Android devices, which seem to be gaining in popularity all the time (even if they'll never replace the iPad...)

So where are you on them, please?

4.2.2 has now been released in the Play Store and I still can't sync my offline notebooks.

For me offline notebook sync works perfectly fine again with the new stable release.

(It was failing in the previous stable release.)

• Level 5*

And 4.3 beta is out now. Has a new bright-green banner over top of everything now, and Settings and Sync now hang off a menu there. Still not quite sure what is new and what isn't, since I don't get to use Evernote on my Kindle Fire too often, but I think that the green bar is nice because it keeps tools in a consistent place things as you slide screens around.

And 4.3 beta is out now. Has a new bright-green banner over top of everything now, and Settings and Sync now hang off a menu there. Still not quite sure what is new and what isn't, since I don't get to use Evernote on my Kindle Fire too often, but I think that the green bar is nice because it keeps tools in a consistent place things as you slide screens around.

Right here:

Archived