Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×

Idea

hi

it would be quite nice to support right to left writing direction for languages such as Hebrew, Arabic and Persian.

it is really hard to write and read when writing in left to right in those languages.

thanks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

this is a real disadvantage of evernote,  is this going to be solved in future versions?

it is also not possible to write Hebrew & English together in the same sentence .

an example:

רשימת משימות:
1.ללכת לסופר 
2. לקנות 5 עגבניות
3.להתקשר ל david cohen 
4. לקרוא את הספר החדש של jhon grisham 

Shalom!
I have downloaded your application and enjoy using it.
If I may ask, there is a feature that can be very helpful: a correct right to left languages text representing.
When I write in Hebrew, for example, the text alignment is left, and the cursor stays anyway on the right side of the row.
When I read a ready note in Hebrew, the text alignment is also left.
This problem makes writing/reading in right to left languages really difficult.
It will be great if you could work up this function. It could enable much more people enjoying your app.
Thank you for developing this comfortable application! It is really helpful.

I'm using latest version 6.11.2.7027  ,   and tried all suggestions and workarounds with no chance!   

@vahidahmad,have you tried the latest suggestion (It works for me on Win7 x64. I have the same evernote 6.11.2.7027 like you) ? Which windows version do you have ?

On 4/10/2018 at 8:08 PM, LL2525 said:

For RTL note (Hebrew for example):

(make sure your EN/HE keyboard is on HE)

- New Note (or ctrl-N) to create a new note
- Enter the title
- Press the RIGHT-cltrl-shift of the keyboard
- Start typing.

4 Years and no real BIDI to your product. This actually not acceptable. No road map, total ignore from LTR users

I use EverNote for journals on my Social Media Audiences. Hindi is important for part of this. I type Hindi in EverNote...use Engish or other European Languages or Sino-Nipon-Korean group languages to milestone items paragraphs etc and, because EverNote does note accept Hindi Titles, the same languages for titles.

Maybe India is in a comfortable position to make an adequate bursary to EverNote Development to put Hindi on the EverNote Map.

Paper DropBox accepts Devanagari but minus the power of EverNote Categories and other choice goodies.

Let's see.

• Like 1

I second it's very disappointing, and as a result, I'm considering a purchase for me and my team other solutions out there that support it.

I request to hear a valid reasoning why Evernote is refusing to add Arabic as a language despite the amount of users between Arabs and the ranking of the Arab language as a language used by millions around the world . It is been years .. your forum is full of requests and people supporting them. Is there a hint of arrogance in your attitude not to even respond to their requests ? 

I just gave up and sent them a goodbye tweet: 

"@evernote I’ve eventually decided to stop using Evernote & cancel my subscription. Evernote developers seem determined to ignore users’ demand to support Right-to-Left languages -for YEARS- I’ve been an optimist and loyal user for a long time. It’s time to go."

2018 and the problem is still there in Arabic and Hebrew!!!

This is something that has been figured out maybe 15 years ago, and they still can't fix it!

This is ridiculous

Evernote has turned into a joke.

Join the line.

I sent a request few years ago for RTL support. I got very supportive message but that about all.

Its not like Hebrew is the only freak language with Right to Left direction, what about Arabic? 

In the meantime I am making Lemonade by forcing myself to write in English. I sure need a practice.

This is part of the reason I stopped being a paying user. There are other more Hebrew friendly apps.

In the name of God

hi

try Ctrl + Shift ( right hand shift ) for type right to left

and

try Ctrl + Shift ( left hand shift ) for type left to right

thanks

Hope to God

• Like 1

Despite the love of evernot I have to replace it with other app. After six years, a small bug does not fix ... it's best to be replaced

On 2/15/2018 at 8:20 PM, Amir All said:

Hello. 

Imagin you want to write a note and suddenly, the text is acting weird all of the sudden: A word ends up at the end of the sentence, the rest of the sentence after that word. After a couple of that incident, your input is rendered unreadable. 

So. This is how the middle eastern, are experiencing @EverNote right now. Being one of those middle eastern, I find it unbearable to use Evernote. There already have been topics on this matter, and they have been ignored. 

I would love it if Evernote team reconsiders this important and vital feature. 

Thank you. 

It's an extremely vital feature for RTL languages, many people are asking for it and still nothing. pleas reprioritize it!! 

It so annoying!!! every time I need to write in google docs and then copy past it back to Evernote hoping it's still fine!  

I'm writing in Hebrew and Evernote doesn't support it' making it really inconvenient and not enjoyable to make notes, making me use it in much less opportunities that I would/could otherwise... Please give us that option...

Missing such a functionality for so long... Maybe Evernote team is antisemitic ??? For my RTL business needs I simply use OneNote.

I believe there are several RTL languages.  Evernote hasn't yet commented on whether or when it might be able to deal with any of them - in fact it almost never comments on its future plans or upcoming releases.

Waiting for Evernote to support Arabic, Persian and Urdu languages.

• Like 1

THIS IS NECESSARY 

IF EVERNOTE WANTS TO REACH ALL LANGUAGES IT HAS TO FULLY SUPPORT RTL FORMATTING 

EVERNOTE, PLEASE!

On 7/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Lucas Cardoso said:

In my computer if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the right), it will change to RTL writing. And if you press CTRL + Shift (the shift on the left), it will return to LTR writing. But I don't know what to do with the version for android.

On 12/24/2016 at 7:29 PM, Roy2012 said:

+ 1. I have the same need - writing right-to-left languages, on Mac, in Evernote. 

thanks a lot for briliant temperory solution

Well it seems Evernote is not a serious product. I have been using the good Quickmemo app in my LG, but it's not compatible with other Androids. Thought Evernote would be the solution for writing notes, including pictures, sketching, etc., and started using it.

However, the app is USELESS without RTL support. You just cannot work with it. Whenever you try to add words to a written text it puts them in the opposite side.

It's a shame that an app like this does not support Hebrew, Arabic & Persian, even though the request was sent 6 years ago!

You lose me as a user. I will look for a better app.

THIS FEATURE IS REQUESTED FOR LONG TIME!!

IM THINKING SADLY I WILL MOVE TO ONENOTE BECAUSE OF THIS :(