(Archived) Why size limit for notes in local notebook?

We already have a monthly transfer limit so frankly I don't really understand why there has to be a note size limit. And the note size limit has been 50 MB for a long time and should be increased. But anyway..

I happened to have a PDF file just above the note size limit. I'll just put it into a local notebook was my idea. Evernote still says no. Why the heck is there size limitations on local notebooks? My local notebook is not gonna clog your servers with data, I promise!

Thanks

• Level 5*

We already have a monthly transfer limit so frankly I don't really understand why there has to be a note size limit. And the note size limit has been 50 MB for a long time and should be increased. But anyway..

I happened to have a PDF file just above the note size limit. I'll just put it into a local notebook was my idea. Evernote still says no. Why the heck is there size limitations on local notebooks? My local notebook is not gonna clog your servers with data, I promise!

Thanks

Hi. I don't know the answer. Maybe to prevent problems when users try to move from local notebooks into Evernote. As for how to get around it, here is a suggestion:

Archived