• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
roschler

windows (Archived) Free Utility: Tag Hunter - Intelligent Tag Search for Power Tag Users

jbenson2    1,981

Question

Is there a way to determine the Version I am running?

It should be at the very top of the form in the Title bar, after Android Technologies, Inc.?

-- roschler

Found it. Thanks

I have a blue cloud background and the translucent TagHunter name and version sort of blend into my wallpaper.

Perhaps a slight change to "TagHunter - Android Technologies Inc. - Version 1.2.0.7" would make it more obvious.

BurgersNFries    2,397

New version of TagHunter. This version has some bug fixes including the error that Har reported but most importantly it lets you search your notebooks as well as tags with TagHunters ultra-tolerant search tech! Thanks to BurgerNFries for the suggestion. :)

Here's the download link for TagHunter 1.2.0.7b.

-- roschler

AWESOME!!!!

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

roschler    158

Question

Is there a way to determine the Version I am running?

It should be at the very top of the form in the Title bar, after Android Technologies, Inc.?

-- roschler

Found it. Thanks

I have a blue cloud background and the translucent TagHunter name and version sort of blend into my wallpaper.

Perhaps a slight change to "TagHunter - Android Technologies Inc. - Version 1.2.0.7" would make it more obvious.

Good idea, will do. Thanks!

-- roschler

roschler    158

Here is the download link for TagHunter version 1.2.0.8b. What's new in this version:

1. New function to copy all your Tag names in alphabetical order to the clipboard
  2. New function to copy all your Notebook names in alphabetical order to the clipboard
  3. Better ordering of the copy-to-clipboard buttons on List View tab
  4. Added "Version" to the title bar to make it easier to find the current program version

Note, you can find the functions that copy the Notebook and Tag names to the clipboard in Other drop-down menu option in the new menu bar. See this screenshot:

taghunter-other-menu.png

Thanks to @jbenson2 for the suggestions. :)

- roschler

Har Geraets    6

Hi Roschler,

I agree. AWESOME. I use TagHunter constantly. The last version with copying all tags en notebooks to the clipboard is perfect.

I do have one request for you. We work with several users on Evernote on the same machine and therefor there are several Evernote accounts. When i leave the pc i allways logout Evernote. Can you make a logout-button in Taghunter. I know that Evernote does not open if i am not logged in and the button "Show notes in Evernote" is pushed, but TagHunter has its own credentials to login my Evernote-account. I want to prevent any access to my Evernote-account when i am not behind the machine. I find this a mayour security risk.

Regards and keep on the good work.

Har

• Like 1

FactMan    167

I uninstalled an earlier version of TagHunter because I couldn't see the value of it, but reinstalled it based on the comments I was seeing here (I guess thanks to BNF!). I am still not sure I understand the value of the cloud, but the list view is awesome. One question: when I enter 'Muscles' and 'Disease' as two tags in the search box, the tags all come up. However, when I click on those two in the list view it tells me that 'Muscles' is the selected tag, and search in Evernote produces just those notes tagged with 'muscles'. Is it possible to combine the terms so that it would search for 'Muscles AND Disease'? I search for combinations of tags frequently, so this would be truly awesome - selecting combinations of tags in Evernote is also difficult ...

• Like 1

roschler    158

Here is the download link to TagHunter 1.2.0.9b.

New features in this version:

• Logout feature
  • Multi-tag Show Notes In Evernote capability with Match All/ Match Any search style choices

Thanks to @Har Garaets there is a new Logout feature in TagHunter. You can find it under the Other drop-down menu choice at the top of the screen (see screenshot below). If you click on this option you will be logged out of TagHunter, your user name and password will be cleared (set to blank), and the Cloud View and List View areas will be cleared for your protection. You will also be prompted to sign out of the Evernote client. I have put a request into Evernote to add a Logout call to the Windows interface I use to interact with the Evernote client. If they decide to implement that you won't have to sign out separately from the Evernote client.

Thanks to @FactMan you can now select multiple tags in the List View and when you click on Show Notes In Evernote you will see only Notes that match all of the tags you have selected. For example, if you select (highlight) "robotics" and "industrial" in the List View you will only see notes that are tagged with both "robotics" and "industrial". However, if you change the Match Style from the default Match ALL to Match Any, then you will see notes that are tagged with either "robotics" or "industrial". (See screenshot below).

taghunter-logout-and-multi-tag-search.png

-- roschler

• Like 1

gazumped    5,779

With the recent revisions coming faster than I could keep up (!) I installed 6,7 & 8 back to back without removing the old files first. Now that I have 9, I'm about to install, but thought I'd make sure the previous software was gone - turns out my system thought all three of those previous packages were still there. One quick Revo session later, that's not an issue, but it would be good to stress "uninstall first" with these new packages...

Very not complaining here - still gobsmacked at the work involved in adding new features more or less by return email!

Been said before, but I'll +1 the general: Awesome!!

• Like 1

roschler    158

With the recent revisions coming faster than I could keep up (!) I installed 6,7 & 8 back to back without removing the old files first. Now that I have 9, I'm about to install, but thought I'd make sure the previous software was gone - turns out my system thought all three of those previous packages were still there. One quick Revo session later, that's not an issue, but it would be good to stress "uninstall first" with these new packages...

Very not complaining here - still gobsmacked at the work involved in adding new features more or less by return email!

Are you installing to a different directory each time? I always install to the same directory on my system and never uninstall and I have not had a problem. Can you clarify what you mean when you say "thought all three of those previous packages were still there". Maybe I'm not understanding something here.

-- roschler

BurgersNFries    2,397

Are you installing to a different directory each time? I always install to the same directory on my system and never uninstall and I have not had a problem. Can you clarify what you mean when you say "thought all three of those previous packages were still there". Maybe I'm not understanding something here.

-- roschler

I think I skipped a version or two. But I know I've installed at least three versions & have never uninstalled. I always install on the G drive. AFAIK, there's only one version on my system - 9.

FactMan    167

Thanks to @FactMan you can now select multiple tags in the List View and when you click on Show Notes In Evernote you will see only Notes that match all of the tags you have selected. For example, if you select (highlight) "robotics" and "industrial" in the List View you will only see notes that are tagged with both "robotics" and "industrial". However, if you change the Match Style from the default Match ALL to Match Any, then you will see notes that are tagged with either "robotics" or "industrial". (See screenshot below).

taghunter-logout-and-multi-tag-search.png

-- roschler

To paraphrase BNF, ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I really like the new features (especially the all/any option since I asked for it!) - the integration with Evernote is excellent with the addition of the log out functionality! Maybe Evernote should buy your code, but not until you have perfected it! I love your responsiveness to requests.

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask whether it is possible to create Boolean searches in TagHunter? I suspect not, since there would be no way you could get them to work in Evernote? I am thinking of ((firewall AND qualcommunity) NOT 'mobile health') as an example using the 3 tags you have listed... Just being greedy, because I think the 3 levels of tags will narrow my searches sufficiently - then I can tweak a bit more in EN to find an exact match. Even if it means moving the search results to a temporary notebook. Sorry for the spec creep, but a huge thank you for what you have done so far!

• Like 2

jbenson2    1,981

- Haven't figured out how to get a full dump of all my tags, Currently searching for just the letter e (most common letter) to get the majority of my tags.

I'd have to add that as a feature, something like Copy All Tags/Notebooks to clipboard. Perhaps in the next release.

-- roschler

You did it. Superb! Another attaboy!

Your program is becoming a powerhouse in analyzing my Evernote info.

Thank you. Thank you.

• Like 1

roschler    158

@FactMan

Thanks for the kinds words!

re: Boolean logic

It's an interesting idea. No promises, but maybe somewhere down the road. Right now I have other things I'm working on that are on the front burner.

@jbenson2

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

-- roschler

roschler    158

Hello everyone,

This is for those of you who like TagHunter. I'm not sure you'll be able to see the post I just made on the Evernote Facebook group about TagHunter, but if you can, I'd appreciate it if you "liked" it, and left a comment, and shared it so others can find out about TagHunter too:

http://www.facebook.com/evernote

Thanks,

Robert :)

roschler    158

Sorry, but I looked - can't find/ see the post.

It's scrolled off already but you can still find it in the section on the right hand side of the page at top titled Recent Posts by Others on Evernote. If you click on More Posts you'll see it. Not a big deal, just trying to figure out how to let others know about TagHunter.

-- roschler

gazumped    5,779

Hmmn - I'm sensing National Differences here; just had a look under More Posts and See All, and went back 2-3 days, but still can't find it! As far as profile raising is concerned, have a look at Facebook and LinkedIn 'business pages'. You could set up your own company or product page (as Evernote has) to exchange messages and get feedback.

roschler    158

Ok thanks gazumped. As I said, it's not a big deal. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the word out to the huge number of other Windows Evernote users that could use TagHunter. Thanks for the tips on the business pages.

-- roschler

roschler    158

Hello all,

Download TagHunter version 1.4.0.1b.

What's new in 1.4.0.1b?

1. TagHunter can now launch a Google search using the Tags or Notebooks you have selected in either Cloud View or List View. When you press the new Google button, your browser will be launched with a new Tab showing a Google search built from from the currently selected Evernote Tags or Notebooks. Match ALL/Match Any works too since TagHunter knows how to properly quote multi-word tags and use the Google mandatory keyword operator ('+') to craft a Google query that supports those search styles. (See screenshot below). You can thank @FactMan for the Google search integration idea. He suggested it on another thread I have going about possibly integrating TagHunter with Delicious, the social bookmarking site.
  2. There's a new tab titled "Check for Updates". You can click on that tab to see if there's a newer version of TagHunter than the one you are running. (See screenshot below).

That's for now. I hope you enjoy the new features.

Screenshot of 1.4.0.1.b

taghunter-1-4-0-1-b.png

• Like 1

FactMan    167

Love it! Unfortunately, the check for updates tab gives me "This program cannot display the webpage."

Also, clicking on the tags column in the list view does not seem to sort in alpha order? The Score (%) column does sort correctly.

Another "bug"? I had done a search and selected a tag from the list. I cleared the original search after I had highlighted one of the listed items. Clicked on "Show notes in Evernote" then spent a bit of time working on the notes it showed. Came back to Taghunter and found multiple dialog boxes: System Error. Code 5. Access is denied. OK. After clearing all of those, I was able to continue using Taghunter - BTW, rather than cluttering up this thread with "bug" reports, maybe you should add somewhere to report bugs to the interface?

• Like 1

roschler    158

Love it! Unfortunately, the check for updates tab gives me "This program cannot display the webpage."

Also, clicking on the tags column in the list view does not seem to sort in alpha order? The Score (%) column does sort correctly.

Another "bug"? I had done a search and selected a tag from the list. I cleared the original search after I had highlighted one of the listed items. Clicked on "Show notes in Evernote" then spent a bit of time working on the notes it showed. Came back to Taghunter and found multiple dialog boxes: System Error. Code 5. Access is denied. OK. After clearing all of those, I was able to continue using Taghunter - BTW, rather than cluttering up this thread with "bug" reports, maybe you should add somewhere to report bugs to the interface?

Hello FactMan,

I have fixed the Alphabetical sort problem for column 1. See my next reply after this one.

"This program cannot display the webpage"

Perhaps your firewall is blocking TagHunter? Did you grant TagHunter permission to access the Internet? I don't have this problem. If any other users are having this problem please reply.

Note, I have added a Check Now button to the Check for Update tab so you can test by doing an immediate check. Normally the system waits until the date changes to the next day before checking again for updates.

"System Error. Code 5"

I haven't seen that error. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that while you were editing the notes, TagHunter was locked out of the Evernote Windows client. That error is related to the Windows function I use to launch Evernote or any other application. But that operation only happens when you launch the Evernote client after doing a Tag or Notebook search (Show Notes In Evernote), or when you launch a Google search in the same context. Since you didn't say you tried to do that while you were in the middle of editing a Note with the Evernote client, I can't see how that situation would arise. If you could run some more tests that would be great.

If you could give me an approximate count of the number of error dialog boxes you had to clear up when you got back to TagHunter, that would be helpful to know.

"BTW, rather than cluttering up this thread with "bug" reports, maybe you should add somewhere to report bugs to the interface?"

I'll be getting around to that kind of thing in a few weeks once I get some more free time. Right now I"m saving my time for fixing bugs and responding to feature requests since I'm really busy with another programming project right now.

-- roschler