(Archived) INFO: Where is the New EN Mac Version with the New Sharing Features?

JMichaelTX

Idea

• Level 5*

About a week ago, Evernote announced new versions of EN Mac and EN Win with new sharing features:

Evernote Sharing Improvements: New Design, Permissions and Re-sharing

I still don't see any updates available when I go to Evernote > Check for Updates.

I'm currently running EN Mac 3.3.0.

When will this new version (3.3.1 ?) be available?

13 replies to this idea

The same thing happened to me. I did not find the update when I check for updates.

Then I tried to download the program as if it were a new user. The link in the EN website led me to the App Store, where it exist the version 3.3.1 for Mac.

So, the 3.3.1 version is in the App Store, not through 'Check for updates' :(

• Level 5*

The sharing changes do not require a client update. When you go to share a notebook, you'll see that the resulting interface has changed. Are you all not seeing it?

Yeah, I see it now. But since it is part of the EN Client, I expected an update to the Client to be required.

How did Evernote expect its users to know this and how was the Client changed without an update?

• Level 5

How did Evernote expect its users to know this and how was the Client changed without an update?

We did a blog post. The next time a user tries to share, there it is!

If I remember correctly, it has been there since the last update, so we've had it all along, right?

It's been there for the past few weeks. We just didn't announce it.

• Level 5*

We did a blog post. The next time a user tries to share, there it is!

If I remember correctly, it has been there since the last update, so we've had it all along, right?

It's been there for the past few weeks. We just didn't announce it.

That's what I thought. I should have been paying more attention, but I was a bit distracted by other things at the time. I'm kind of sad that I missed breaking the news about an Easter Egg!

• Level 5*

Do you still have to have a premium subscription to be able to share notebooks? As I am still unable to edit notes in a shared notebook with my boyfriend and we both have free subscriptions.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Only premium members have the option of giving someone the ability to edit notes in a shared notebook. One of you will need to be premium to make it work.

Archived