(Archived) Memory Issues

JolienW

Hi,

i love evernote, best app ever until recently my evernote keeps making notifcations about my memory being full.

now it says i am currently using 0MB out of 60MB

but when i try to synchronize or add or change notes it says it can't because i only have 24MB left... and the notifcation 'memory full' keeps popping up

can somebody please help???

i really like evernote a lot and i would like continue using it

You're not alone. I see the same thing after upgrading to the latest Play version. It also happened to me on the previous upgrade. Last time I got the same note from support and it resolved it, so they are obviously aware of the issue. Signing off/on now to see if it resolves. I wonder if it is something in our devices/config that causes this problem. EN seems like the only app I use that has this issue. It's a big PITA because it apparently re-downloads your entire database (if you're selecting all your notebooks, I guess) which makes EN the #1 contributor to my data usage, not to mention taking for ever. With data limits these days that's not cool to impose that requirement on a user -- to make up for a software bug...

I had > 130M RAM, >6G on card free, btw.

HTC Inc4G 4.03

BnF, sarcasm/frustration seems more accurate. Thanks for taking the time to make a positive contribution.

I run my own successful service, on-call business, since 1988. One-man-show, not having anywhere close to the revenue or resources of EN, and I respond to my customers, and non-customers, 24/7. I know I'm terrible -- no compassion for poor service.

(I've had multiple poor experiences with EN TS. Half the time they don't even read the problem description and ask me for info that's already in my problem report. Then, usually I have to just figure it out myself, commonly finding a solution in these forums. Probably sometimes by you -- wow! (thanks!). (Prior experiences have resulted in a residual lime taste in my mouth...)

Regarding my problem, I deleted all of my SMS messages in an attempt to free up some more memory. Signed out, reboot, signed in, problem still happens. Then EV totally locked up. Uninstalled EN and widget, reboot, re-install -- same problem.

BnF, sarcasm/frustration seems more accurate. Thanks for taking the time to make a positive contribution.

I run my own successful service, on-call business, since 1988. One-man-show, not having anywhere close to the revenue or resources of EN, and I respond to my customers, and non-customers, 24/7. I know I'm terrible -- no compassion for poor service.

(I've had multiple poor experiences with EN TS. Half the time they don't even read the problem description and ask me for info that's already in my problem report. Then, usually I have to just figure it out myself, commonly finding a solution in these forums. Probably sometimes by you -- wow! (thanks!). (Prior experiences have resulted in a residual lime taste in my mouth...)

Yay for you. My husband, also a long time business owner, has probably taken 15 days off in the past 20 years. Does that mean he can "force" his employees (across multiple states) to do the same? Absolutely not. Not to mention the legalities involved. A "one man show" can abide by different rules, as I'm sure you are well aware of. Just as my husband realizes he can work weekends in order to make his company more successful. Needless to say, EN is NOT a "one man show". I think your sarcastic response is uncalled for.

I can relate to frustration. But frustration does not justify criticizing a company for "letting" their employees have days off. And there are those pesky labor laws...

WRT revenue/resources, I would imagine one of your high priorities to your existing customers is to STAY in business? I'm also sure you have ongoing overhead expenses. Translate: just like the everyday person, just because you have the money in the bank doesn't mean you have to spend it. It's good to keep some of that money for the proverbial rainy day.

• 3 weeks later...

that escalated quickly

but can you people stop arguing and just HELP PEOPLE

this is a forum about evernote

not about wether or not people have to take time off or not

TF help me or go ruin another forum

i still can't synchronize anything

so if somebody can help, please do

Archived