(Archived) Can't sync due to note that won't delete

Kate Davis

My Windows Evernote will not sync this morning. The message is "Sync failed due to unexpected behaviour at client side". I've checked the log file and think I've found the note that is causing the problem

08:36:35 [4772] Commit failed: code=00000302, CANT_INSERT_ATTRS_TABLE, error: "Can't save uid=15171, error: database or disk is full, database or disk is full"

08:36:35 [4772] 100% SyncException: Error: Can't commit transaction, error: CANT_INSERT_ATTRS_TABLE (Can't save uid=15171, error: database or disk is full, database or disk is full)

I've found note 15171 and there seems to be a problem with it. I deleted the note yesterday, but it hasn't moved into the trash and is still sat in the same folder. There is a note saying "This note is deleted. You cannot edit it unless you restore it" with an Erase Note and Restore Note. If I press Erase I'm warned it will be permanently deleted, but nothing happens and nothing happens if I press Restore Note.

Any suggestions about how I can get rid of this note? Or how to get the sync working?

Thank you

I've continued to look around for help in other forum topics and have deleted the trash on both web and windows version. I've closed down and restated Evernote and I've shut down the computer and rebooted. I am still not able to sync and I'm now getting another error message

11:22:08 [460] Commit failed: code=00000102, ATTR_NOT_FOUND, error: "Can't kill uid=15171, error: database disk image is malformed, database disk image is malformed"

11:22:09 [460] 1% SyncException: Error: Can't commit transaction, error: ATTR_NOT_FOUND (Can't kill uid=15171, error: database disk image is malformed, database disk image is malformed)

Looking at the other topics it seems I may need to raise a support ticket ...,

Hi Kate, welcome to the forum :)

From the log it sounds as though there may be an issue with your database file, and it may need to be rebuilt.

Raising a support ticket would probably be your best bet. You can do it here:

http://evernote.com/contact/support/

Make sure that you receive a ticket number when you submit it, otherwise it wont have gone through, and you will have to submit it again.

If you want to post the ticket number here, in case any EN staff stumble upon it, then that may also be helpful.

Let us know how it goes :)

Scott

I agree with Scott that your current error indicates there may be a problem with your database. But when you got this error (emphasis mine):

08:36:35 [4772] Commit failed: code=00000302, CANT_INSERT_ATTRS_TABLE, error: "Can't save uid=15171, error:
database or disk is full, database or disk is full"

08:36:35 [4772] 100% SyncException: Error: Can't commit transaction, error: CANT_INSERT_ATTRS_TABLE (Can't save uid=15171,
error: database or disk is full, database or disk is full)

...did you confirm if you were tight on disk space???

At this point, what you could try is :

1. select all your unsync'd notes (by sorting by the 'sync'd' column in list view - unsync'd ones have a dot in the column), export them to enex. You would need to do this for any local/non-sync'd notebooks you may have, too, since they don't get sync'd ever.
  2. Find the location of your current database (tools/options/general).
  3. Fully exit Evernote & the clipper & confirm there is no elephant in the system tray.
  4. RENAME your exb file (location found in step 2). Don't delete - just rename.
  5. Open Evernote again. Sync. This will rebuild your database by downloading everything from the EN servers.
  6. Once everything is downloaded, you can import your unsync'd notes from the enex file.

Importing from an enex file will put all the notes into a single notebook. So you may want to tag all the unsync'd notes (prior to exporting) with the notebook name they belong to. If you have very many notes to export, this will expedite the process of moving them from the notebook they get imported into to moving them to the correct notebooks in the newly built database.

Thank you so much for this advice. It worked on the 2nd attempt. My first attempt only brought back a few notes, but I renamed the database folder again and the sync worked.

Support gave me the same advice after I'd followed yours, but also suggested I installed the latest pre release version. I've done that now and hope maybe it will prevent the corruption that happened previously.

• 8 months later...

Same problem. Fix was exactly as BurgersnFries & Kate described, including the two attempts. To get round the problem the second time, I moved the Databases folder elsewhere & Evernote rebuilt them OK.

Great.

Archived