(Archived) Help! (stolent phone, so stolen notes)

hello

-Phone ben stolen

-need to back up all my notes offline (do I have to print them all?)

-so will erase all online notes

-so when the tief will start the phone, phone will sync whit empty notes, and delete all the notes

-will create a new account, and use my back up, or recreate all notes in my new account from my prints?

-have many many confidential data on my notes, big troubles for me (ftp / mails / account acces from many society), so big big big big ***** if tief now how to deal whit these datas!!!!

Is there any protocle to use in my case (do evernote team have somthing for this, a procedure, or I am on myw own?

Do I have to print all my notes and then erase them all from my account? Any possibility to back up the stuff localy?

Oh and (*****), bye the way, Im not shure but maybe there is the "use evernote offline" or something like this activated on my phone.

Please help if you have a better idea then what I will do..... regards

Dawn, I have 1st change my password, then think that it wasnt a goog idea, so i have change it to my first password, but then even whit that, I think the phone won't continue to sync again until the password is typed again.

So I'm fucked.

So I'm fucked.

If you had used your phone's pin and/or Evernote's pin, you would not be effed.

PS - you can export your notes to an enex file, rather than print them out. Then import them to your new account.

I would also suggest in the future that you either encrypt your sensitive data and/or use an app designed for sensitive data such as a password manager.

Yes of course, and I will not have made this post...

But I wasnt know that evernote having the possibilty to use a pin, and I never put pin on my phone beacause I use it to much to pin every 5 minutes.

But well, have to change a toon of passwords as fast as possible now, let's go.

Ok well, have print all the notes, then deleted all the notes from evernote, empty trash bin. Then have launch evernote on another laptop of mine, no need to chek password, login was ok (so I hope it will be the same on the phone). Evernote have sync, and then all notes have been erased.

• Level 5*

Hi. Sorry for the problems you are facing. I think you did the right thing: export notes (I recommend .enex), delete all notes, empty trash, and sync. This will wipe out all notes if the thief opens Evernote. If you didn't have offline notes, you could have just changed the password, and all they could have accessed (maybe with a few exceptions in the cache) would have been note titles.

In the future, pin lock phone, back up notes on hard drive at home regularly (the thief could have erased your stuff!), encrypt sensitive data, and use a password manager :)

• Level 5*

Maybe I am missing something, but why not change Evernote's password? Won't that require the thief to enter the new password which they wouldn't know?

Hi. Normally, that is good advice (as I mentioned above), because the thief can only see your note titles, and a few cached notes. However, in this case he had offline notebooks, and the data would be stored on the phone and completely accessible, regardless of the user password change.

Well, I'm not sure about it, but I can't check it without the phone. So I prefer to delete notes and hope the guys connect it to wifi or else and don't really check the notes 1st (in case he can understands what's going on in some of the notes).

Maybe a total remote wipe (as apple's product) could be a good thing (in case of).

Archived