Initial sync problem!

Ajith

I downloaded and installed 'evernote_4.5.8.7356.exe'. When I click on the icon, this message appears : "You need to be online to register or perform an initial sync. Please check your internet connection".

However there isn't any problem with the internet connection. I use Avaste free antivirus.

I need help!

• Level 5*

I gather from other posts that having a live IE connection to the net is a valid indicator of whether or not your Evernote client can talk to the server. No personal experience here, but have a look at your IE connection settings?

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the 4.6.0.7670.

Just after a succesful installation, as a final step, I receive the same message mentioned above by Ajith.

So I can't specify my credential.

My internet connection is up and running and all other programs access Internet without problem.

Moreover I already use Evernote on Mac and Android in sync but I can't make it working on Windows 7.

As suggested by spgScott I've also checked the IE setting without results: Work Offline option is regularly unchecked (even if I don't use IE) and IE works properly online.

I thanks everyone in advance for any suggestion.

bye

P

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

I've just found the solution:

1. Close IE and Evernote. You can close also ther programms running.

2. Start IE, go to menu ->extra ->internet options -> advanced (I'm using the German version, so the tabs could differ)

3. reset all options

4. click on the second "reset" below. Wait until the process is finished.

5. press "ok" and restart IE.

6. Enjoy IE and Evernote!

Best, 

Eugene

Hi all,

today it has happened again - error of synchronization. I did the steps I described above and everything worked. So, it is reliable.

However, it is very bad that IE makes some changes in settings without my knowledge. I don't use IE at all, but Evernote uses it.

@Evernote team - try to avoid this probem. Contact to microsoft might be needed!

Best,

Eugene

• Level 5*

Evernote doesn't 'use' IE,  but the connection settings that affect IE - and IE (plus presumably other software) can apparently change,  also affect Evernote,  hence the interdependence.  If you're having this problem repeatedly I suggest a support request (see below) to notify Evernote of the problem and get some device specific help.

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for the solution!

Hi everyone!

I've just found the solution:

1. Close IE and Evernote. You can close also ther programms running.

2. Start IE, go to menu ->extra ->internet options -> advanced (I'm using the German version, so the tabs could differ)

3. reset all options

4. click on the second "reset" below. Wait until the process is finished.

5. press "ok" and restart IE.

6. Enjoy IE and Evernote!

Best, 

Eugene

Archived