(Archived) Evernote password change request *mail*

On a very consistent basis I get an email request to confirm my password change, even though I didn't request one. I understand that this may be cause by someone mis-typing their own account username, but my username is NOT common, and these password change requests are coming too often and too regularly. Makes me think someone is trying to hack my account.

Makes me think my Evernote data is at risk.

Is Evernote aware of this, and are they doing anything to combat hackers?

• 3 weeks later...

Security starts at home. Time to change your password.

No. Security starts with a secured platform that recognizes hacking patterns directed at users.

I'm also getting these odd notifications from Evernote asking me to confirm password change requests which I never initiated.

I'd say this is a serious issue that Evernote has to look into as I'm sure most of us have Evernote running in all sorts of browsers and platforms.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Yes I've had the same problem.

3 yesterday 24th Oct and 4 today 25th Oct.

I won't be using evernote any longer until it is fixed.

Did you file a support ticket as dlu requested?

filed support ticket as requested - their response was that someone thinks my user name is theirs, andthere is nothing they can do about it. What was the point of filing the support ticket??

I'm still getting password change requests that I did not initiate.

filed support ticket as requested - their response was that someone thinks my user name is theirs, andthere is nothing they can do about it. What was the point of filing the support ticket??

I'm still getting password change requests that I did not initiate.

Do you happen to have a very common or short username? If so, then it doesn't seem to be a concerted effort to get people's passwords.

The support ticket is so we can have one centralized place to assess the volume of these issue and if needed, ask for more information.

Archived