(Archived) Request: Custom order Tags and Save searches

Hi there,

Windows version:

I would like to be able to custom sort my tags, saved searches as well as these complete categories. Personally I want to have the saved searches on top, then my tags. The rest I do not use.

iOS version:

Would like to see that same nested structure for my tags as I created in the windows version. Now it is one huge, long, unworkable list.

thanks

Remco.

• Level 5

Hi there,

Windows version:

I would like to be able to custom sort my tags, saved searches as well as these complete categories. Personally I want to have the saved searches on top, then my tags. The rest I do not use.

If you are referring to custom sorting your tags in the Left Panel, you could modify them by adding a 3 character prefix which will automatically group similar subjects together. Can be used for Saved Searches as well. This will also help for you iOS version suggestion. Here are just a few examples.

Company examples

Com-Amazon

Com-Ford

Com-Target

Insurance examples

Ins-Car

Ins-Home

Ins-Life

Ins-Medical

Employment examples

Job-Abcd

Job-Efghi

Job-Jklmn
  • Level 5*
Windows version:

It would be OK to be able to pick which of Notebooks, Tags, Saved Searches, and Attributes to display, and in which order. If nothing else, you can at least collapse the Notebook list and Attributes in the left panel so that they take up less space. You could also see how you like dragging the Saved Search list and Tags to the Favorites bar, then closing the left panel altogether (View / Show Left Panel), though the Tag list as implemented in the Favorites bar is a flat list that doesn't reflect any tag hierarchy.

iOS version:

Would like to see that same nested structure for my tags as I created in the windows version. Now it is one huge, long, unworkable list.

This has been requested before, but not yet implemented on iOS -- it is available on Android, so it's likely, in my view, that they'll do it for iOS as well, but that's just a guess on my part. Fee free to check out the Evernote subforum for this request.

Archived