(Archived) Impossible to fill in loginform by pasting username/password, because its faded away and cleared when FF loses focus.

Mats Svensson

Im trying to use the webbclipper in firefox.

Step 1: I click the toolbar icon, the login form fades in.

Step 2: I copy my username (from where i store my usernames & passwords), firefox looses focus and the loginform fades away.

Step 3 I click the toolbar icon, the login form fades in..again.

Step 4: I paste my usernamn.

Step 5: I copy my password (from where i store my usernames & passwords), firefox looses focus and the loginform fades away...again,

Step 6: I click the toolbar icon, the login form fades in...again, AND ITS EMPTY!

Step 7: I paste my password.

Step 8: I copy my username (from where i store my usernames & passwords), firefox looses focus and the loginform fades away.

Step 9 I click the toolbar icon, the login form fades in..again, AND ITS EMPTY!

Step 10: I paste my usernamn.

Step 11...9999999: well...you get the idea.

And my question is:

Why do you insist on fading away and EMPTYING the login form WHILE im trying to fill it in?

Thanks, but...

Unfortunately i have started seeing this brain dead design elsewhere too, on over 2.0-ifyed websites etc.

This insanity has to be snuffed out fast, before it becomes a new fashion among impressionable baby-designers,

like lowlowlowlow-contrast sites, or sites crammed into in a centered iphone-sized keyhole or similar.

So i think evernote should fix this fast.

Just have the button pop open a regular webpage or configuration dialog, instead of some buggy nonstandard fly-out.

Login-forms has worked perfectly well with copy/paste since the 90s, why break them now?

For what it's worth, I find this behavior annoying too. I use 1Password to manage passwords and wish I could make it work seamlessly with the browser extensions, but the browsers (Chrome and Safari at least, I don't do much work with Firefox, so I'd have to check there) automatically close the extension window when you click away, and there's nothing we can do about it. We made usernames persist in Chrome/Safari, largely because that will let you copy/paste just your password into the extension without losing your username. Firefox will get this behavior too in an upcoming version.

Archived