(Archived) Synchronize to cloud but not to the other computer

Is it possible to select which notebooks are synchronised with which devices? For example:

On my work computer I keep notes of my customer wishes and then final preview files. And I want to synchronise them to web. But I don't want that notes to be synchronised locally to my home computer.

:( I hope that it will be supported. I have notes in work computer that I don't want in my home comp. and vice versa. But I want almost all notebooks on cloud. For normal workflow I found desktop application more useful. Cloud notebooks I use when accessing from mobile.
  • Level 5*

It has been discussed quite a lot on here and nothing has been said that made it seem like this feature is coming in the short term. Then again, Evernote don't discuss their roadmap or timelines.

• Level 5*

It has been discussed quite a lot on here and nothing has been said that made it seem like this feature is coming in the short term. Then again, Evernote don't discuss their roadmap or timelines.

In this case, I think Evernote has suggested it is on the roadmap (Podcast #28 / 120609 listening evernote podcast 28). But, I agree that it doesn't look like it will be available soon. One answer might be an iPad+external keyboard at work so that you can use Evernote freely. Just a thought (this is what I do -- I don't load my acount on work machines).

thanks a lot. disterbed this question... =(

:( I hope that it will be supported. I have notes in work computer that I don't want in my home comp. and vice versa. But I want almost all notebooks on cloud. For normal workflow I found desktop application more useful. Cloud notebooks I use when accessing from mobile.

Have you considered using two seperate accounts? Since the Mac and Windows clients now support account switching, you would be able to artificially set up syncing rules. Work info goes into the notebooks of one account, personal info goes into the notebooks on the other account.

Archived