(Archived) Complex Evernote URL Schema

Tetsugaku

Idea

Hi all.

I've been using EV in conjunction with Omnifocus (OF) for a few months now, it's turning out to be a great place to keep all the data I need around my Getting Things Done process without getting in the way.

For example I have a recurring task in OF called "Weekly Trigger List" that pings every Tuesday morning at 7am when I'm on the train. The task has a link to the EV note containing a list of mental triggers. The system works really well as even if I'm away from my mac and the reminder triggers on my iphone, I can still click the same link and open EV on my phone.

Anyway.

I also started to use "Launch Center Pro"(LCP) on my iphone recently. I can use the OF URL schema to create a custom button to do pretty much whatever I like, the possibilities are huge.

What I'd really like to be able to do is open LCP, & hit an icons that launches EV, takes me to my business receipts notebook, opens a new note, and fires the camera. This is something I do 3-4 times a day every time I pay for something that is a business expense.

Questions:

1. Is there a detailed EV URL Schema?
  2. If not, how do we get one?
  3. Are their any other solutions you could recommend?

4 replies to this idea

As far as I know there is no way to do this with the current URL's that Evernote creates, those are links to notes only. There are some third party apps though that will do what you want. Something like FastEverSnap will open directly to your camera and then save the resulting image into the notebook of your choosing. It is kinda a ugly app, but it is very quick and has never failed me.

Hi Tetsugaku. I checked around, and unfortunately we haven't published detailed URL schema in the way you're looking for to make this work see the updated link below.

Another possible alternative on your iPhone would be to use a combination of page camera and multi-shot--it's not as streamlined as what you're looking for, but you may find some additional efficiencies to take advantage of here. The new Page Camera will hone in on the document you're viewing (activate it by hitting the icon in the top middle of the camera view) and will automatically improve contrast and remove shadows, clarifying your document. With the Page Camera you can take multiple shots within the same note, open them all with the page number button in the bottom left hand corner, and quickly clear out any shots that don't make the cut.

It's not quite the same, but if you bulk up your receipts, you could take advantage of these new features and increase the clarity of your saved receipts.

UPDATE: This may help actually: http://dev.evernote..../Note_Links.php

Archived