(Archived) Sign-in error

njbrunnock

Ever since my firmware updated, I keep getting "Sign-in error for Evernote" messages approximately 50 times a day!

I have tried re signing-in, uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote to no avail.

I even still get the messages when Evernote has been uninstalled.

Please Help!!

HTC One X

Android Version 4.0.4

HTC Sense version 4.1

Software number 2.17.401.2

HTC SDK API level 4.23

HTC Extension version_403_1_GA_20

Same problem here. Very annoying!

Evernote version 4.1.4 (public) Build:77/7d59013

HTC one X

Android 4.0.4

Sense 4.1

Software 2.17.401.2

SDK api 4.23

extension_403_1_GA_20

Its just the android version that has the problem.

Webextensions are working ok. PC-version also no error.

Please repair this problem as soon as possible! :wacko:

We're sorry you're having issues with Evernote for Android.

To get your Evernote client functioning as soon as possible, please sign out of your account in the upper left and wait for it to close completely. Reboot your Android device and sign back in to Evernote. However, this will cause you to lose any changes that have not yet been uploaded.*

If you're still experiencing issues, we believe that reinstalling the latest version of the Android client may address your issue.

1. Please uninstall the Android client
  2. Reboot (power cycle) your device. This will remove any unsynced notes, so be sure to save any important unsynced data first*.
  3. Visit the Android Market and search for "Evernote" to download and install the latest Application.

Tried both solutions, but still have the sign in issue :(

I've been having the same problem too...however after uninstalling my Evernote apps I still had messages telling me my sign in had failed, I then remembered that the HTC 'Notes' App has a link to Evernote. I went into the 'Notes' app settings>accounts and sync and then removed the account. After that I signed back in again and it seems to be working fine now, I've reinstalled Evernote and that seems to be working fine too (so far at least). Will update if I get lots of sign in errors over the next day or so on 3g or WiFi

...I then remembered that the HTC 'Notes' App has a link to Evernote. I went into the 'Notes' app settings>accounts and sync and then removed the account. After that I signed back in again and it seems to be working fine now, I've reinstalled Evernote and that seems to be working fine too (so far at least). Will update if I get lots of sign in errors over the next day or so on 3g or WiFi

Thanks for suggestion. I will try and report.

Just go the "setting"->"Account & sync"-> "Evernote for HTC Sense", and try to remove this "Sync Settings".

*Notice that your notes in the device will be removed, you need to re-login for Notes application which is default in HTC device.

try to login Notes application with your Evernote account/password, the notes will synchronize your data from the server.

it will help you to solve the problems.

As "polarbear" said, currently- we believe these login notification errors are caused by changing the password of your Evernote account after you already setup your HTC Notes app's Evernote account.

You should be able to resolve the issue -

If you go to settings->accounts & sync and select your Evernote account

Select "remove"

Go to HTC Notes and Re-login to your Evernote account

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you

• 6 months later...

I've been having the same problem too...however after uninstalling my Evernote apps I still had messages telling me my sign in had failed, I then remembered that the HTC 'Notes' App has a link to Evernote. I went into the 'Notes' app settings>accounts and sync and then removed the account. After that I signed back in again and it seems to be working fine now, I've reinstalled Evernote and that seems to be working fine too (so far at least). Will update if I get lots of sign in errors over the next day or so on 3g or WiFi

Thanks danjamesoc - that seems to have worked for me!

Only issue was that when I removed the account and re-added it, it messed up the order of all my notes, setting the "Modified time" of all in the set that were most recently synched to the time of that sync. Still, they are all there still, so that is a relief!

• 4 months later...

You should be able to resolve the issue -

If you go to settings->accounts & sync and select your Evernote account

Select "remove"

Go to HTC Notes and Re-login to your Evernote account

I am experiencing the same issue with notes not syncing from my tablet. I understand that removing the account and re-syncing will solve the issue. However, I have MANY important notes on the tablet that I can't lose. What is the best way to proceed with re-syncing the account and not losing the local notest that have been stored in "synced" folders?

Archived