Managing Evernote for Schools

carlhnz

I'm looking into using Evernote as the recommended portfolio product for our school. I have a few questions as to how administration of this would work which I've emailed to schools@evernote.com but received no reply, so I'm trying my luck posting here...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Is "for schools" pricing available in New Zealand?

If we are in the program, presumably it’s optional for an individual student to have a free or premium account?

With 1500+ students I won't be setting their accounts up myself (!) - so how do individual students get a premium account, and how is it paid for? Or is there an account provisioning system?

Thanks,

Carl

• 1 month later...

Not sure you still need advice but...

Our school set up Evernote for student portfolios this summer. I contacted Evernote through the chat and was directed to an account rep that helped us set up a site license. The site license allows us to pay for our premium accounts through annual invoicing rather than monthly on a credit card. We purchased premium accounts for all of our faculty and students at the education rate because we wanted them to have the enhanced space and sharing features.

We set up almost 400 accounts manually because there was no batch create option. I'm not sure if there is now a different/better option available by considering Evernote Business. I haven't checked. But our students are elementary aged and I didn't want them creating their own accounts. Plus the youngest do not have access to their email addresses for security reasons.

If you would like to see how we are exploring student portfolios with Evernote, visit my blog TRUE Learning. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I too, contacted evernote through chat and was directed to an account rep who sent me back the following email response, "Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about what you are interested in doing with Evernote. Let me know if there is anything I can help with beyond the information support has already provided. Unfortunately we don't offer a way to batch create accounts which makes it a manual process that is best accomplished when students are involved in the account creation process."

Okay, I love the product, but very disappointed with the above response from support team. I think if Evernote wants to promote evernote software as being a solution for schools, then they need to cater to schools business needs and create an enterprise means of managing student accounts.

Evernote, please consider a change in philosophy for schools.

• 1 month later...

David

I would be happy to help you with any questions you have. I am the education ambassador and have been using Evernote for portfolios for the past three years. You can contact me at rob@engagingeducation.me or see my blog www.evernotefolios.wordpress.org

• 4 weeks later...

Hi-

Well, I cannot get Evernote schools to reply to me, so hopefully you may know the answer...

I have a premium account, and would love to set up my students to have EN accounts. Not sure if I need premium, but I would love them to have the ability to share notes. Is premium needed for this, but another question---can they share to a user and not an email account, since I will be setting them up using the google +1 shortcut....Thanks so much in advance!

Not sure you still need advice but...

Our school set up Evernote for student portfolios this summer. I contacted Evernote through the chat and was directed to an account rep that helped us set up a site license. The site license allows us to pay for our premium accounts through annual invoicing rather than monthly on a credit card. We purchased premium accounts for all of our faculty and students at the education rate because we wanted them to have the enhanced space and sharing features.

We set up almost 400 accounts manually because there was no batch create option. I'm not sure if there is now a different/better option available by considering Evernote Business. I haven't checked. But our students are elementary aged and I didn't want them creating their own accounts. Plus the youngest do not have access to their email addresses for security reasons.

If you would like to see how we are exploring student portfolios with Evernote, visit my blog TRUE Learning. Good luck.

Archived