Common search workflow and keyboard shortcuts

haider

Idea

I have recently moved to a Mac, and wondering if I am missing something with the keyboard shortcuts. I try to avoid using mouse as much as I can.

Let's say I search using the global search (opt-cmd-E) for some key words, and it gives me 3 documents. At this point, I expect to use the down arrow key to get into the list of those 3 docs so I can open or edit them. Pretty simple and natural search behaviour.

On my mac, after the search, the only way I can find to get to the list of docs matching the search is by tabbing through the Favorites bar and the list of notebooks on the left side, a total of 11 tabs. The funny thing is that even if I hide the Favs bar, I still have to tab the same number of times!!

Am I missing something here? I am not sure if it worked on Windows exactly smoothly but I think there was a faster way to get to the list than 11 tabs.

I went through the list of defined shortcuts here:
http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/23168732

It doesn't show anything for jumping to the list either. And it seems some of the mentioned kbd shortcuts don't work.

7 replies to this idea

+1

We need more Shortcuts. :)

Especially "Open in seperate window" (in german "Notiz in eigenem Fenster öffnen").

joker, agree on more / better thought out shortcuts.

For the "open in separate window", assuming you are on Mac OS, you can code your own shortcut from System Preferences -> Keyboard shortcuts -> Application Shortcuts. I have it set to cmd-enter.

+1

We need more Shortcuts. smile.png

Especially "Open in seperate window" (in german "Notiz in eigenem Fenster öffnen").

For the "open in separate window", assuming you are on Mac OS, you can code your own shortcut from System Preferences -> Keyboard shortcuts -> Application Shortcuts. I have it set to cmd-enter.

Haider - for me, this does not work. Probably, because "open in separate window" is not a Menu topic, but only accessible using "right click" on the note. Did you really implement this solution? - Please advice.

+1

We need more Shortcuts. smile.png

Haider - for me, this does not work. Probably, because "open in separate window" is not a Menu topic, but only accessible using "right click" on the note. Did you really implement this solution? - Please advice.

Well, it used to work. Developers, in their infinite wisdom, have taken out this from the menu so you can't do this anymore.

Archived