tomgiorgio

ios Suggestion: Let users set default drawing color

Idea

I recently started using Skitch for the iPad for work purposes, and it's rather unprofessional to use big pink text if I'm circling things etc. Could we get a way to set the default color so I don't have to change it every time I do something?

• Like 4

19 replies to this idea

OMG, yes please! I would like to use Skitch for quick handwritten notes, and fat pink ink just doesn't do it for me.

• Like 2

Ideally I'd like to set different defaults for every tool (i.e different color and thicknesses) but I'd be happy if I could set global default color, thickness, font size and settings.

• Like 2

Please make this happen! I know the pink is the Skitch color but it's not for everyone. I use Skitch mainly for sending screenshots to my clients. Sometimes I need to outline them with a thin black boarder. Having to change the tool, color and size gets to be a real pain. Even if I leave Skitch open, every new scrennshot requires changing the tool, color and size.

If anyone in the know reads these, can you at least tell us if this is in the works?

• Like 1

This would be great. I never want to use that pink color. At the very least, it should remember what you last used when you quit.

• Like 1

Hot pink is my least favorite color...and I can't get any other color to work. PLEASE let us choose something else in the toolbox!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. This concept is in our backlog and we're continuing to evaluate it as an option.

BUMP --> Yes, this would be a great feature. Seems like a small thing but it would make the user experience that much better.

• Like 1

Lack of ability to set default colour and thickness of pen tool @ open is annoying to a point where it makes Skitch useless for me. Stopped using it. L.

I was just looking for the option to set the default color to black but i couldn't find it so i decided to search web.

I use Skitch for work and I often forget to change the color and I start writing everything in pink :/ My boss laughed, but in a presentation with a client it could look very unprofessional.

Thank you

Bump.  I'd rather use Evernote than S-Note, but broad brush pink is about the exact opposite of the functionality I'm looking for.  I'll have to change it every single time.

• Like 1

I use Skitch for screen shots probably 10 times per day, and constantly having to select a thinner line and a different color IS TORTURE. 

Please get this out of the backlog and into this week's sprint. It's an extremely prominent feature. Just leave the settings in their previous state. Fat pink is not the best choice for contrast or readability for how I use Skitch.

Help us out, Joe Lopez!

I use Skitch for screen shots probably 10 times per day, and constantly having to select a thinner line and a different color IS TORTURE. 

Please get this out of the backlog and into this week's sprint. It's an extremely prominent feature. Just leave the settings in their previous state. Fat pink is not the best choice for contrast or readability for how I use Skitch.

Help us out, Joe Lopez!

I use Skitch on iOS & Windows at least 10 times a day as well.  Setting default values would be great.  Yes, it's a bit of a PITA to have to change it every time.  But 'torture'...?  Seriously, it takes like 3 seconds to change it. 

Total PITA. I'm on a neon green kick and I like my lines very small. It usually takes an undo or two, a grumble, and another four clicks to get the proper settings in place. Thanks for listening. Hope you can make it happen!

I think this would be a great feature to add. Alternatively, how about remembering the last used color and line weight (ink notes in Evernote included)?