Upgrade to Premium via iTunes Not Working

Hi, I'm having similar issues after the Premium iOS in-app purchase last night; my devices are still showing as free. I did file a ticket:16051-168605. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in my reply Michael, looks like you were hooked up on 10/23 and are good to go, apologies for the continued in-app billing issues.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same problem with me. Tryed to extend my account with the inapp buy function but that crashed. Extended via the wepage.

Now everytime when I start Evernote on Iphone I should enter the AppleID - that is really annoying. I they dont fix that I move to another product.

This is a bug that we're aware of and in the process of fixing. Thanks for reporting!

I also just upgraded to Premium and my account is still listed as free. This also means that I will have to wait in their "Free People" queue before my issue is resolved. I was SUPPOSED to present Evernote at a staff meeting next week...if this issue is not resolved, I probably won't.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Thank you good sir!

MattWhite--looks like you're upgraded and good to go.

CalidK--Thank you for the receipt, I've upgraded you appropriately.

MouseyFace--my system is actually showing your Premium status as working, with an iTunes payment made on the 30th. It sometimes takes a few hours for the Premium settings to take effect--can you recheck and let me know if your Premium features are working?

Snowriver--apologies on the delay--you should have received your upgrade today as well.

Hi, I am having the same issue but I purchased it through Android on google play. It's been almost 2 days now, and still under 'free' mode instead of 'premium'.

Please find below my ticket number (emailed to evernote support yesterday) and order number from google play.

Ticket # 16051-175093

Order number: 1395258105628352

Order date: Oct 31, 2012 7:27:17 PM SGT

1 year subscription.

Please help to get it up and running on Premium asap. Thank you.

I am having the same problem; however it has been an entire week since my purchase and this is very frustrating.

Here is a copy of my receipt. Please help!

header_invoicereceipt_l.gifheader_receipt_r.gifspacer_999999.gif

Billed To:

Niama Sandy Order ID: MH0V3B9YNX

Receipt Date: 10/24/12

Order Total: $48.98

Billed To: MasterCard .... ****

spacer_999999.gifItem Seller Type Unit Price spacer_999999.gifEvernote, One year

spacer.gifReport a Problem Evernote In-App Purchase $44.99 spacer_999999.gifSubtotal: $44.99 Tax: $3.99 spacer_999999.gifOrder Total: $48.98 spacer_999999.gif

Please retain for your records.

Please See Below For Terms And Conditions Pertaining To This Order.

Salsqq--assuming translate is working correctly for me, we've replied requesting a receipt from you.

Nuscape--looks like you were successfully upgraded already.

evgrrl--you've been given a one week upgrade while we await your receipt. Please provide in a reply to the ticket. Thanks!

I am having the same problem; however it has been an entire week since my purchase and this is very frustrating.

Here is a copy of my receipt. Please help!

Thanks for the notice and receipt NiamaS. I've gone ahead and upgraded your account appropriately, you should have Premium subscription until Nov 2, 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like a recurring theme. I had a problem with my renewal, so I re-upgraded via Android client on 16 December and still no upgrade as of 21st. I really need this upgrade to finish some year-end work this week! My CC has been charged already. How can you charge my CC and not upgrade the account? That's a significant payment processing issue. Ticket # 16051-206955

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem, appreciated if anyone can help.

Ticket #16051-226925

Thanks for reporting. You should now be appropriately upgraded. As an aside to anyone else, the response delay should be less time, as you were correctly routed to pre-sales queue (which we're using to ensure that Premium upgrades are taken care of quickly) but if requested immediately prior to the weekend, you will run into a multiday delay, since we don't have support on the weekends. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely disappointing I've been a Premium Customer since late 2007 and apparently my account did not auto renew (could certainly be an outdated card on my end), yet now my account is "Free", and I cannot upgrade, CANNOT get support and am extremely frustrated. Clearly this is a lagging problem given this string.

Need some help here Evernote!

Ticket # 16051-233112

Regards,

Scott

A paying supporter and Evernote Evangelist since 2007!

Extremely disappointing I've been a Premium Customer since late 2007 and apparently my account did not auto renew (could certainly be an outdated card on my end), yet now my account is "Free", and I cannot upgrade, CANNOT get support and am extremely frustrated. Clearly this is a lagging problem given this string.

Need some help here Evernote!

Ticket # 16051-233112

Regards,

Scott

A paying supporter and Evernote Evangelist since 2007!

Thanks for reporting--looks like this has been assigned and there was possibly an issue with your conversion to Evernote Business payments? There' s a tech looking at it right now and we'll be taking care of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Support Ticket #16051-283309 submitted a few days and received confirmation of submitted ticket. Upgraded to 1 year premium via app and account still showing free. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as signed out and back in. Attached iTunes PayPal receipt with support ticket. I'd appreciate any help as I have reached my max for the month.

Support Ticket #16051-283309 submitted a few days and received confirmation of submitted ticket. Upgraded to 1 year premium via app and account still showing free. I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as signed out and back in. Attached iTunes PayPal receipt with support ticket. I'd appreciate any help as I have reached my max for the month.

Sorry for the delays you've seen here Steve, as well as the incorrect support response.  I've dropped in and replied to the ticket requesting some additional information--thanks for providing the receipt, but we *may* have two accounts at play here--see my ticket response.  I've also escalated your ticket to ensure prompt response from our upper tier techs.  We'll get you sorted shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a premium account from Evernote app (on Mac) but I didn't received my upgrade. My purchase was validated and I did not receive any information.

Issue date: April 14th, 2013 
MH1KF29160
1 year subscription $44,99

My ticket #5043

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded to Evernote Premium annual subscription on 3/5 via iTunes. Billed and received an receipt:

Order ID: MGLV0YHXFY
Issue Date: 03/05/13
Order Total: $46.99
No sign of this being activated yet. 

Nothing is syncing and keep getting very annoying notifications to upgrade and error messages about failure to sync. 

Contacted Evernote Support on 4/5/13 (ticket # 24675) but no response. Business hours only support isn't really acceptable for this kind of service, especially not for international customers. 

This looks like a pretty serious fault with your fulfilment procedures based on how many people are having this problem. 

Im using Skitch, Evernote and Penultimate on 2 laptops, iPad and iPhone. Its part of my daily  Ive been an Evernote user for many years, and have been a Skitch user since it was first released. 

You need to get it working asap. This is a timed subscription service, and having people wait days for it to be enabled isn't going to keep your customers very happy.

Dan--I've dropped in and upgraded you, and replied to your ticket.  We presently don't have weekend support, so that explains the support delay you saw from your 5/4 ticket. 

I mentioned this in my reply, but it's worth mentioning here for others who swing by to see.  We are constantly evaluating our customer support policies and are growing personnel and expanding tech for broader coverage, including hours, languages, and methods of contact.  Our current coverage at any given moment is a reflection of present resources.

The fulfillment issue is an intermittent and edgecase-ish bug we are working on resolving with iTunes payments specifically.  Since this is something we are not in direct control of (refunds, for example, must happen on the iTunes side) it is something slightly tougher to resolve than if it were a bug happening with direct payments to the service. 

ticket #28410

Paid with card within Win application.

Please check your emails for updates on the transaction since Friday.  Looks like it was handled by support.

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded my account to premium through the iOS app, and was billed by iTunes, but neither my iOS apps (I use Evernote, Hello, and Food), my Mac desktop client, nor Evernote.com reflect my upgrade. All of them still say I'm a basic user. The only possible explanation I can think of is that my iTunes account email is not the same as my Evernote account email. 

Any solutions to this problem? Thanks.

It does not matter that your iTunes account email is not the same as your Evernote account email.

If you were signed in to someone else's Evernote account when you purchased the upgrade, the upgrade applies to the currently-signed-in account. Sometimes we've had folks accidentally upgrade their spouse's account if they share an iPad. Of course you also want to make sure to sync your account after you pay for the upgrade, but it doesn't sound like this is the issue in your case.

If this does not apply to you, please file a ticket with customer support at http://evernote.com/contact/support/

• 1 month later...

It seems many people are having the same problem as me.

I PAID and yet Evernote still says I am Free.

I sent in a support email and they asked for evidence.

I sent evidence, but that was the last I heard.

Day after day passes, and I send emails and support requests again and again every day - but nothing happens. 

The funds have been paid, I have evidence and a receipt - but I don't have Pro. What do I have to do to get this dealt with?

I got a note saying:

You have been registered on (#84193) as a CC.

I sent payment evidence to support:

AUS Order ID: MGQTLQNX20

Issue Date: 13/07/13
Order Total: $46.99

It seems many people are having the same problem as me.

I PAID and yet Evernote still says I am Free.

I sent in a support email and they asked for evidence.

I sent evidence, but that was the last I heard.

Day after day passes, and I send emails and support requests again and again every day - but nothing happens. 

The funds have been paid, I have evidence and a receipt - but I don't have Pro. What do I have to do to get this dealt with?

I got a note saying:

You have been registered on (#84193) as a CC.

I sent payment evidence to support:

AUS Order ID: MGQTLQNX20

Issue Date: 13/07/13Order Total: $46.99

Please post your Evernote support ticket number here.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe how many people are having issues with this? I just did the upgrade via the Apple Store and nothing happened? Now I'm stuck! Working from a hotel and really needed the space for this event I'm at. I created a ticket and just missed the live chat time. Please upgrade my account.

oh man!  There are heaps of people who have this problem, including me.

Why doesn't Evernote resolve this continued problem....?

Here's the receipt from Apple which takes awhile to come through and NO movement from evernote.

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription:

Name of Subscription:   Evernote Premium Name of Application:   Evernote Content Provider:   Evernote Date of purchase:   15/08/13 Subscription Period:   1 year Price:   $46.99 Payment Method:   iTunes account

Already lodge ticket but I guess support only works 9-5 at some location in the US, who cares about those in other countries around the globe!

ticket #117410

Already lodge ticket but I guess support only works 9-5 at some location in the US, who cares about those in other countries around the globe!

ticket #117410

Sorry about this.  We do still experience an edgecase here an there with iTunes, though the vast majority are coming through unscathed.  Thanks for posting your ticket info--I've gone ahead and provided a reply, asked for some follow up info on the receipt, and upgraded you for a month to Premium in the meantime while we take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear forum,

Last Thursday, I've made a purchase within Evernote to upgrade to Premium. This transaction has been processed and paid with iTunes, but Evernote didn't recognised the purchase, as the email address connected to my Evernote account was different from my iTunes one.

Based on recommendation of Evernote support, I've then changed my Evernote email address to match the one of iTunes, but still the purchase is not recognised by Evernote.

I'm now stuck in the middle between Evernote and iTunes: Evernote support refers me to iTunes, while iTunes is not getting back to me and will most likely not issue a refund. In the meantime, I haven't been able to use Evernote at all since last Thursday, as I'm out of upload "credit" and therefore can't sync, make new notes, etc. 

Has anyone had a similar experience or any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tim Metz

Can you please let me know your ticket number? Also, can you (if you haven't already), reply to that ticket with your receipt from the iTunes store.

I'll see about contacting Apple to speed this up for you.

Thank you!

Just finally received a reply from iTunes and they now said they will issue a refund within the next few days.

Given the experience of last week, I'd much rather prefer to pay directly to you instead of through iTunes. Can we therefore do the following: we let iTunes go ahead with their refund, and I will make a new payment through your website as soon as I receive your confirmation that this is ok?

Best regards,

Tim Metz

I am having a similar problem - I just purchased Evernote Premium through the app store and either my app or the online account show me as a premium member. When I check my account in iTunes, it shows the purchase. I entered a ticket through Evernote support but since I'm still showing as a "Free" account, I'm concerned that I may not hear back until next week since I have to wait behind other Free account tickets...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Support Ticket #142343

• 3 weeks later...

I too have upgraded to Premium through the iTunes site but my account still says Free. I have tried twice to contact Evernote support. I see that the Premium users get quicker access, but the problem is that I am a Premium user (by virtue of me paying for it but not identified by one by Evernote) and still can't get anyone to help me. Is there another way to handle this? Or has anyone figured out why this is happening and what I need to do to resolve it on my own?

I too have upgraded to Premium through the iTunes site but my account still says Free. I have tried twice to contact Evernote support. I see that the Premium users get quicker access, but the problem is that I am a Premium user (by virtue of me paying for it but not identified by one by Evernote) and still can't get anyone to help me. Is there another way to handle this? Or has anyone figured out why this is happening and what I need to do to resolve it on my own?

By "contact Evernote" do you mean you submitted a ticket?  (That's the only way to get support directly from EN.)  If so, please post your ticket number here.

By "contact Evernote" do you mean you submitted a ticket?  (That's the only way to get support directly from EN.)  If so, please post your ticket number here.

Not sure how to do these forum things, but here's to trying... And thank you!

Ticket# 164656

BurgersNFries, were you able to find out what went wrong with my account?

I simply flagged this for EN staff.  I do not work for EN & do not know what has happened.  Sorry. I have re-flagged.

Sorry but my flagging for EN staff has gone unanswered.  I've done all I can do.  I'm sorry.

• 1 month later...
Dear Evernote Forum,

HELP!  I've made a purchase within Evernote to upgrade to Premium. This transaction has been processed and paid with iTunes, but Evernote didn't recognised the purchase, as the email address connected to my Evernote account was different from my iTunes one.

Now I'm stuck between Evernote and iTunes: Evernote support refers me to iTunes. In the meantime, I haven't been able to use Evernote as I'm out of upload "credit" and therefore can't sync, make new notes and am trying to organise all my computer files!  :(

Does anyone know how to fix this?  

Please help Evernote folks :)

Hi, I've the same problem. Just paid via iTunes to upgrade the Evernote account to Premium via in-app purchase in the Evernote app on iPad.

However, my account is still indicated as free.

I've submitted a ticket (245575) together with the iTunes receipt.

Kindly help expedite the upgrade.

Thank you.

Brad

Thanks for your reply.

For better user experience, I suggest that either you let the customer know before or immediately after the payment is done for the upgrade. Otherwise everyone will just be unsure whether the upgrade has been made properly. And this is not a good user experience as you can see many similar cases/questions posted here.

For your consideration.

Hello all, same issue here - upgraded to premium via my ipad and it still hasn't upgraded anywhere...support ticket number 252671, Apple order number M1W2G2B960

Attached is copy of itunes subscription confirmation - please let me know. thanks

post-165406-0-37165100-1385561496_thumb.

Hello all, same issue here - upgraded to premium via my ipad and it still hasn't upgraded anywhere...support ticket number 252671, Apple order number M1W2G2B960

Attached is copy of itunes subscription confirmation - please let me know. thanks

Looks like we took care of this one, thanks for the report.

I have the same problem. I haven't created a ticket yet, i just wanted to comment on this problem:

Considering that this problem exists for at least over one year, i am a bit disappointed. And honestly, i don't want to go through the hassle of creating a ticket, etc. etc. 

Please remove the In-App Option if it is that flawed. I really regret that i didn't order Premium over the Evernote webpage. 

• Level 5*

You should create a ticket.

I'm guessing the percentage of users who have this problem is absolutely tiny and it actually looks like it might be an iTunes store issue rather than an Evernote one.

Hi, iOS App Store upgrade still not kicking it, no response from support yet. Purchased via web so I can continue working, which works.

Seems to be just a problem with App Store purchases as far as I can see?

Either way, can somebody combing the forum please refund my App Store purchase? Ticket #266700.

Thanks,

A

Same issue here , support #266707

You should be appropriately upgraded.

Same here. Ticket #266700. Upgraded via iOS, can't find order number I'm afraid.

Cheers,

A

You're good to go and the second/duplicate order (the direct payment) was refunded. iTunes actually ended up processing for you.

I have the same Problem.   

I sent in  a support req Friday and have not received a response. 

Any Ideas?

Sorry for the delay here, I've flagged this for a tech to check out (EDIT--and I've just responded to your ticket as well)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Upgrading can take a little time especially if done through an external supplier - try signing out of Evernote and back in to 'switch on' your new status.  If you're still not seeing the new limits after 24 hours,  raise a support ticket (see below) to get that sorted.

I made the purchase within Evernote to upgrade to Premium. The Tranaction through itunes has been paid, I have receieved a confirmation email from itubes etc. but still nothing from Evernote. It still says I'm a "free" subsciber

• Level 5*

I made the purchase within Evernote to upgrade to Premium. The Tranaction through itunes has been paid, I have receieved a confirmation email from itubes etc. but still nothing from Evernote. It still says I'm a "free" subsciber

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I've flagged this for Evernote staff. They'll get in touch with you, but you can also click on the link in my signature for support and generate a support ticket.

I upgraded to the Premium version through iTunes about 6:49AM, Jan. 6, 2014, and have not received the upgrade. I've logged out of Evernote and restarted it.

Need assistance. I couldn't find a way to contact Evernote on its support webpage.

Evernote username: trungedm

Dear Trung,

Name of Subscription:          Evernote Premium
Name of Application:          Evernote
Content Provider:          Evernote
Date of purchase:          01/06/14
Subscription Period:          1 year
Price:          $44.99
Payment Method:          iTunes account

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click below and sign in.

Developer's Support Page or Terms of Use: http://www.evernote.com/about/support

Go to iTunes.

Regards,
The iTunes Store team 

• Level 5*

I upgraded to the Premium version through iTunes about 6:49AM, Jan. 6, 2014, and have not received the upgrade. I've logged out of Evernote and restarted it.

Need assistance. I couldn't find a way to contact Evernote on its support webpage.

Evernote username: trungedm

Dear Trung,

Name of Subscription:          Evernote Premium

Name of Application:          Evernote

Content Provider:          Evernote

Date of purchase:          01/06/14

Subscription Period:          1 year

Price:          $44.99

Payment Method:          iTunes account

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click below and sign in.

Developer's Support Page or Terms of Use: http://www.evernote.com/about/support

Go to iTunes.

Regards,

The iTunes Store team 

Hi. Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about your problem. You can contact Evernote on that support page by pressing the "get started" button and generating a support ticket. The link in my signature will take you there as well. I have flagged this post for Evernote staff. They should be getting back to you shortly.

Archived