(Archived) "Un-Join" Shared Notebook?

Laura A

Hi,

I joined a shared notebook and wish I hadn't because it is taking up some space that I don't really want it to. I would rather just read it online for now. I was wondering if I deleted the notebook if that would "un-join" or unsubscribe me, or are there other steps that I need to take? Basically I would like to revert back to having not joined a shared notebook, if that's possible.

Thanks.

Hi Laura :)

I think it depends a little on which client you are using (Windows/Mac/Web/etc...) but on the windows client, deleting the shared notebook should remove it from your account.

When attempting to delete in the windows client, I see this message:

Are you sure you want to delete the notebook "notebook name"

This will remove the notebook from your account. If the notebook is still being shared and you would like to re-add please go to www.evernote.com and sign into your account.

At any rate, after deleting, you can always check in the web client, whether you are still subscribed or not by going to:

https://www.evernote.com/Sharing.action

On the right will be the notebooks that you have joined.

Scott

Hi Laura :)

I think it depends a little on which client you are using (Windows/Mac/Web/etc...) but on the windows client, deleting the shared notebook should remove it from your account.

When attempting to delete in the windows client, I see this message:

Are you sure you want to delete the notebook "notebook name"

This will remove the notebook from your account. If the notebook is still being shared and you would like to re-add please go to www.evernote.com and sign into your account.

At any rate, after deleting, you can always check in the web client, whether you are still subscribed or not by going to:

https://www.evernote.../Sharing.action

On the right will be the notebooks that you have joined.

Scott

Thank you SO much : ) I am using the Windows client so the instructions are perfect. Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I'm running the 5.0.3 version on Mac OS10.8. When I was learning to use Evernote, I managed to subscribe to someone else's notebook and now I can't unlink from it. When I select the shared notebook, "Delete" on the drop-down menu is greyed out. I'm really not interested in this notebook-how can I make it go away?

• 1 month later...

I'm running the 5.0.3 version on Mac OS10.8. When I was learning to use Evernote, I managed to subscribe to someone else's notebook and now I can't unlink from it. When I select the shared notebook, "Delete" on the drop-down menu is greyed out. I'm really not interested in this notebook-how can I make it go away?

You can "Leave Notebook..." by clicking on the Notebooks icon in the Navigation bar. Then right-click on the Shared Notebook and choose "Leave Notebook...".

There are lots of other options here as well.

I have just deleted a 'joined' Notebook and the reason is, there are just too many tags in it, which are not separated from my 'personal' ones.

Fortunately I did not use it that much, but thought it was a great Notebook to have around.

Oh and the right clicking in Windows as Scott suggests, works fine.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I have just deleted a 'joined' Notebook and the reason is, there are just too many tags in it, which are not separated from my 'personal' ones.

Fortunately I did not use it that much, but thought it was a great Notebook to have around.

Oh and the right clicking in Windows as Scott suggests, works fine.

Regards

Chris

Yep. You can't use notebooks to organize shared notebooks (no stacks), so you have to use tags, but the tags get mixed up with someone's personal tags, so if you are joining a few dozen notebooks, it is pandemonium. I really think there has to be an option for "firewalls" between my external brain and everyone else's. Sometimes, I do want to search in my joined things, for example, but not all the time. The same goes for seeing tags and everything else. I have left most (99%) of my joined notebooks. It was too much to deal with when the recent app updates were made. I'd like to rejoin them someday...

• 2 months later...

You can "Leave Notebook..." by clicking on the Notebooks icon in the Navigation bar. Then right-click on the Shared Notebook and choose "Leave Notebook...".

Thank god that was annoying me to death.

How do I leave a Notebook from the Evernote desktop app?

Thank god that was annoying me to death.

How do I leave a Notebook from the Evernote desktop app?

As Scott has mentioned above, right click in and select 'delete'

Regards

Chris

Archived