how to clip multiple items to the same note

I'm using the web clipper, not the downloaded Evernote application.

I often clip multiple items on the same topic, and I'd like to clip them to the same note. At the moment they all appear in different notes. Is there some convenient way to combine them all? When I press Clip I'd like it to give me the option of adding it to an existing note.

Btw I sent in a support ticket I think 10 days ago and still havent gotten a response. I sent in another one but that was more recent. Is evernote that bad with support or was I supposed to login somewhere to see their response? I dont have premium.

• Like 2
Btw I sent in a support ticket I think 10 days ago and still havent gotten a response. I sent in another one but that was more recent. Is evernote that bad with support or was I supposed to login somewhere to see their response? I dont have premium.

Did you receive an acknowledgement email immediately after submitting the support ticket?

If not, you should check your email spam folder.

• 1 month later...

That really doesn't make any sense. Merging them is an afterthought and can be too time consuming. It would be great to clip a note on a webpage and be able to "send to" or "append" an existing note, rather than create a totally new note. Feature request?

Sure, it might be neat to add to an existing note. But is it really that much of a big deal having to merge notes...??? No.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just asking to same question. I have program on my desk top and all that.

I have been cut from new note and paste to note book I want. Don't get the merge part.

Waste lots o time.

Can I ask what type of things you clip and what it's for?

I totally agree with this problem...this feature is available on many other programs and should be available on EN...if I am searching the web for paint samples...I dont want to give each swatch its own note...they should all be on the same note

Merging is too time consuming..

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A good example is when an article spans multiple web pages. If I want to capture the full article, I have to clip each page separately but I want them saved in the same note (and in order). I'm a newbie so if there is another way, I would love to hear about it.

• 2 months later...

You can easily merge them from within EN windows... Highlight the ones you want using CTRL or SHIFT and then click merge.

Is there some way of saying which post goes at the top and which goes at the bottom? I merged two documents, one was a blog posting, and one was a comment on it. I obviously wanted the comment to go at the bottom, but instead it was at the top.

• 4 months later...

I might be missing something but that's why I like notebooks within notebooks. Say I have a notebook that is investments, within that I have property and within that I have different projects. Because I can't send a clipping or email to an existing page it like to send it to a Notebook. So in this case I have a Notebook within a Notebook within another notebook. So in the example above I have Investments Notebook, Property Notebook within that and then finally a notebook for each Project. So Property A Notebook and Property B Notebook. This means I can now at least send the email or web page/clipping to Notebook Property A. They are then all stored within that Notebook. This is visually useful and I can't see how to do this without this missing functionality. At the moment I would have to send all clippings to the Property Notebook as its not possible to send them to the sub-notebook of Property A...

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie,

I know Evernote does not yet support stacking notebooks (which is what you seem to be describing) but could you create a Notebook Stack with the property name (for example, Property A is the Notebook Stack), then notebooks for each project (Kitchen Project, Bedroom Project, etc). As you clip a note, you can then select the proper notebook in the stack. So let's say you find the perfect sink for Property A on the Home Depot website. You should be able to change the notebook to Kitchen Project when you clip and it will go in there.

The only issue I've found with this system is you can't name two notebooks the same thing, so if you have a kitchen project for two different properties, you will need to give them slightly different names (I usually do an abbreviation for the notebook stack at the beginning of the notebook, so if it is the kitchen project for Property A, I would name it A-Kitchen Project).

I'm really not an expert at Evernote, but this is the best way I've found to do it.

• 1 year later...

That really doesn't make any sense. Merging them is an afterthought and can be too time consuming. It would be great to clip a note on a webpage and be able to "send to" or "append" an existing note, rather than create a totally new note. Feature request?

Sure, it might be neat to add to an existing note. But is it really that much of a big deal having to merge notes...??? No.

Yes.  It is that much of a big deal.  I am often researching a particular topic and I'm gathering different sites to go back and view in depth later.  The ability to dump links into a single note while surfing would be very helpful.  Please try to make this happen.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Evernote guys:  

Clipping to the same note would be extremely handy.  No one wants to go back and merge what could be potentially hundreds of "new notes" from various websites when doing research.  Adding to an existing note at the bottom seems like an obvious solution here.  As a developer, I'm not quite sure why this is hard to implement especially when many other applications have figured this out.  I apologize if I am I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what it is.  In fact, this is one of the reasons I stop using Evernote and simply open up a Google Document to copy and paste in.  I don't want that many notes and I don't want to have to remember to "merge" them after the fact.

Thank you for reading this.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Me too would like to add multiple clips into one note.

Typical use would be a research about XYZ and clipping several Statements, Pictures, etc. into one Note.
Another one would be to clip several parts of one website to keep in mind, where to change what
Another one: Doing full-page screenshots of multiple websites to compare them into one document.
And a very important one: I start a note in the Evernote-Client, typing a few lines of text and then want to add a webclip to that.

If I had to pay a (reasonable) price for that - OK.

Hope to get any positive feedback from the evernote guys!

Uli

• 2 weeks later...

same here. I've been wondering why doesn't Evernote already include this feature for its user. I have to use the snipping tool on my pc to snapshot some portion of an article and than manually attach the picture again to combine them into one note. It's still fine, until it comes to a time when i actually need to get down a portion of the web document, let say it's a part within the middle and it's more than a page (involves scrolling down). None of the clipping functions support this as articles include the whole page while screenshot capture what's available within the screen only. So each time i need to save sth like that i need to use the snipping tool on my pc n capture multiple shots before combining them into one fluent structure, which is very time consuming. Any ways to get things easier? Or evernote simply doesn't support such features yet?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

+10000000000000  on this feature.  Been waiting all my life for this one.  Can someone at evernote please please show us some love on this one?  This would be the single most productive improvement I would have had in recent times.  I promise I will name my fifth born Evernaught.  Please?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Is this still not a feature? I would have thought it was basic functionality -- When I'm taking notes on something, I want those notes all on the same page (or spanning consecutive pages). Instead, evernote puts each "selection" in a separate window even though they're in the same "notebook."

I literally cannot understand this. How is evernote better than just pasting things into word or gdocs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

wondering if there has been any progress on this feature. I am a relatively new user and surprised to find I could not post articles , etc to a specified note. Lots of extra time to merge notes after. I searched here thinking there is a way and I just missed it....anyone- is there a way , or is this a 'future' feature 

• Level 5

Merging notes is a feature of the desktop clients for .Mac and PC. You choose any number of existing notes, click on „merge“ and end up with all content in one note.

This is not supported on the server based clients, like the mobile ones and the web client.

11 hours ago, possible said:

wondering if there has been any progress on this feature.

= NO.

The merge feature to be available on other platforms has been requested by many for 8+ years. The Evernote acolytes here respond along the lines of " take it or leave it" Evernote themselves ignore the issue the same as they ignore most customer feed back. Perhaps they are too busy making semi political posts about BLM on their blog? I am reaching the end of the road with EN and experimenting with alternatives.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, possible said:

wondering if there has been any progress on this feature. I am a relatively new user and surprised to find I could not post articles , etc to a specified note. Lots of extra time to merge notes after. I searched here thinking there is a way and I just missed it....anyone- is there a way , or is this a 'future' feature 

No "progress"

There's a feature request linked below.  To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion.  Currently 67 votes

• Thanks 1