(Archived) iSight Note Just Got Very Small

Happy Traum

Idea

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and Evernote 3.3.0. Everything works fine except I just noticed that the Isight Note is now a very small square. I usually use this feature to add business cards but they are now too small to read. I have looked for a pref or other way to enlarge the window but haven't found it yet.

I now have to use Photo Booth to shoot the card, then import the resulting image into Evernote. Too much work! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You might consider using a scanner (like the Fujitsu ScanSnap) for scanning business cards into Evernote (and your Contact manager like Outlook) when you have more than just a few cards. For an occasional card your SmartPhone camera should work well. There are a number of good iPhone apps that can scan and send to Evernote. I like Genius Scan+ and JotNot.

Thanks for the reply. I have a scanner and can use my phone as well. Neither, though, beats the convenience of just taking a picture within the Evernote app, which I have been doing for a couple of years now. Previously, the iSight photo window that appeared was reasonably large so all the details on a card (or whatever) would show up easily. Now the little box is too small for the details to be read. There are lots of workarounds but that's not the point. I just wonder why they made this change, and whether there's a way to change it back to a bigger image window.

I have the same issue with a late 2011 macbook pro on mountain lion. This looks like some sort of operating system wide service that is used elsewhere for making a user account icon.

Hello,

this is also a big issue for me. I cannot scan business cards anymore with the iSight because the picture is too small!!! Scanning business cards is one of the things I loved of Evernote, somebody can tell when this issue will be solved?

Thank You

Paco.

Hello,

this is also a big issue for me. I cannot scan business cards anymore with the iSight because the picture is too small!!! Scanning business cards is one of the things I loved of Evernote, somebody can tell when this issue will be solved?

Thank You

Paco.

yeah - i agree w/ everyone above - this is totally frustrating. currently this tool takes a 200px x 200px square image and that's it. it would be nice to get a larger resolution so the things that you take pictures of are larger and clearer - especially so that anything w/ text on it is legible. please fix this guys!

d

Archived