(Archived) Pics are shown in low resolution in native android app

Guest mrossk

Guest mrossk

I wanted to zoom into a picture with text (a foto of a document) and then recognized that the picture is only shown in a low resolution and I could not read the text even when zooming in.

After downloading the picture, it has had the full resolution and I was able to read the text in the picture.

I guess this is because to speed up the slidewhow.

How can I see the full resolution within the native evernote app? I don't want to download every picture of a document only to be able to read it.

Marcel.

• Level 5*

Hadn't noticed any differences yet, but I too save some documents as JPG or PNG so I can read them immediately on an Android without having to 'open' the PDF. I do remember someone posting that the slideshow has been made quicker, so maybe the 'improvements' have reduced the image quality. Haven't tested it yet, but Slideshow is only involved (presumably) if there's more than one picture, so a fix might be to put pages in separate notes rather than group them together. Failing that you could simply embed the pictures in a PDF to preserve the quality - although at the moment you'll then have to open the PDF after finding the note.

Guest mrossk

so a fix might be to put pages in separate notes rather than group them together

This does not help.

you could simply embed the pictures in a PDF to preserve the quality

This is a workaround but converting a picture to a pdf is no solution:

• the original is lost or I must keep them doubled (picture and pdf)
  • when taking photos with my phone the last thing I want to do is converting them manually to pdf

My current workaround:

Open the picture in skitch. There it is shown in full resolution but with all the skitch-tolls around at the borders and so with a small screen left for viewing the needed picture.

The strange thing: You have the full size picture on your phone but can only view a low resolution in the picture-viewer.

I hope that Evernote will add a full quality view.

Thanks for answering Gaz.

Archived