Jump to content
stickman67

safari (Archived) Evernote Web Clipper breaks Javascript in Safari 6

Recommended Posts

I use Moodle for online teaching, and after upgrading to Safari 6 (as part of my Mountain Lion upgrade) I found that I could no longer upload files to create download links for my students. I started receiving a JSON string error.

To isolate the problem, I turned off half of my extensions, then the other half, etc. etc., and replicated the problem until I isolated a single extension that created the problem - and sadly, it was Evernote Web Clipper 5.6.

I'm on a 2009 15" MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any fixes?

Share this post


Link to post

I am having a similar issue. The latest evernote clipper has broken file uploads in Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. It is specifically when you click the "attach" button which starts an ajax call to upload the file in the background.

Here is the error

I uninstall the evernote clipper and uploading works, reinstall it and it doesn't. I have confirmed this on a number of Drupal sites.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, tkaraszewski

All I can tell you at this stage is that a window pops up saying "Error: Invalid JSON string". Where can I look for more information for you? Does Safari keep a log, for example? I can't really see much happening in the Console when I replicate the error, but maybe there's something I should be looking for. Happy to help if I can!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm also seeing problems with Adsense when Safari 6 Web Clipper extension is enabled. With Web Clipper enabled, Adsense doesn't show. With Web Clipper disabled, Adsense (and other ads) correctly show up.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, tkaraszewski

All I can tell you at this stage is that a window pops up saying "Error: Invalid JSON string". Where can I look for more information for you? Does Safari keep a log, for example? I can't really see much happening in the Console when I replicate the error, but maybe there's something I should be looking for. Happy to help if I can!

I think this may be the issue:

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }</style>

<div id="_clearly_component__next_pages_container">

 </div>

The Web Clipper is appending this code to certain javascript in the page, and causes issues with a bunch of functions on different sites that use JSON to send responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...