(Archived) BUG: Errant ability to move notes out of shared notebook

allen

Normally when working with shared notes in a folder you do not own you cannot delete or move those notes, you can only copy them. The new interface in the right panel that appears when you select multiple notes DOES give you the option to move notes out of a shared folder into a personal folder. Of course, since this is forbidden functionality it causes a sync error requiring a manual database deletion and re-sync to restore sync functionality.

I can confirm it, multi selection allows moving notes out of a shared notebook - Should not be possible.

This causes a sync error, Activity log only shows the first note, fails before it gets to the second I guess:

12:29:02 [3476] 0% Updating server items
12:29:02 [3476] 50% Updating server note "Test note to move 1"
12:29:02 [3476] 50% * guid={ebe47f32-5933-489b-8f14-992cb4224e21}
12:29:04 [3476] 50% EDAMUserException: errorCode=PERMISSION_DENIED parameter="Note"
12:29:04 [3476] 50% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 5s
12:29:04 [3476] 50% * sent: 535B, received: 194B
12:29:04 [3476] 50% * 2s (54%) spent in EDAM RPC

Only way to fix that I could see, since you cannot move the notes back into the notebook, is to delete the exb for the account and re-sync which is not ideal...

• 6 months later...

Thanks for reporting this. We'll be looking into it

Is this still an active issue?  I've been getting client side sync errors for a while, and digging in a little bit, this is exactly the error I'm seeing in my activity log (I did move some notes from my personal to my Business folder, and possibly the other way as well).

I could use some technical assistance with deleting my database and re-syncing, which I don't know how to do.

Archived