(Archived) android app changing font size in original evernote note.

dow

I've just run into an issue in evernote that I don't recall seeing in the past. As such, I'm not sure if it's a bug or an annoyance. Regardless, it's a pain. Here's a scenario:

1. I create a new note and specify (before typing anything) that the font be Times New Roman and I set the font size to 12.
  2. Then I type my note and sync.
  3. I open up the note in evernote for android and it displays correctly.
  4. I edit the note.
  5. tap DONE
  6. Note uploads.
  7. I sync my desktop version of evernote
  8. BOOM! the font is now changed to Tahoma 10.

WHY does it do this? I see it change when I click on Sync from inside the Evernote Windows App. Surely there's SOME WAY to keep this from happening.

Oh, I should probably mention that I'm running version 4.1.1 (public) Build 26 Android App and version 4.5.7.7149 on my PC.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dow

• Level 5*

Do you have Tahoma 10 set as the default editor font in ~Tools ~Options ~Note?

I haven't noticed any major problems with fonts, but now you mention it if Evernote imposes the default even if you select an alternative, that would be an issue. Try changing the default and let us know what happens...

• 1 year later...

I know this is a really old thread, but it's applicable. I can set the default in Evernote Windows, which affects new notes. I can change an individual note to my chosen size, and when synced to Android, it will be correct. But if I edit the note in Android, when it syncs back with windows the font size change is gone on Android. At the moment, it appears to retain the font size of choice on Windows. In order to get the font back on Android, I have to make a font size change on windows.  Even though I've set the default in Evernote Windows to be 8! By futzing around I can sometimes get it back from 10 to 8, but then edit in Android and the vicious cycle starts again. Would love to have a solution for this.

• create new note with font size 8. (8 is my default)
  • new will be created on Android at 8
  • edit note in Android. Font size will go to 10.
  • data will get synced to Windows; windows will stay at 8 (although I've seen it go to 10)
  • change Windows to a different font size, e.g., 9. Now Android will go to 9.

Archived