(Archived) CC Evernote on this email

I often use the send by email feature to send a note to someone. Once I do that, I generally want to track that email so I want to see it in my Evernote again so I can tag it appropriately. To do that, I cc myself, then go to my email and forward it back to Evernote.

I think it'd be great to have the option to copy your Evernote account into an email you send, maybe just as a second tickbox where the 'CC me on this email' tickbox is.

Just my 2 cents!

• Level 5*

I often use the send by email feature to send a note to someone. Once I do that, I generally want to track that email so I want to see it in my Evernote again so I can tag it appropriately. To do that, I cc myself, then go to my email and forward it back to Evernote.

I think it'd be great to have the option to copy your Evernote account into an email you send, maybe just as a second tickbox where the 'CC me on this email' tickbox is.

Just my 2 cents!

Hi. It sounds like a great idea to me, and worth a lot more than two cents :)

One thing you can do now is to use IFTTT to set up a "recipe" that takes any email from your Evernote account and sends it on to your Evernote account automatically. It even tags, titles, and puts it in the appropriate notebook. It isn't perfect. Lengthy emails get cut, formatting isn't preserved, etc., etc. The developers are aware of some issues and are working with it. The good thing is that it is free, easy to set up, and worth a try :)

• Level 5*

On a quick test, that 'send to' box isn't exclusive - you can add other email addresses including your Evernote address to the main recipient; just comma-separate the addresses. Only the individual by whom the email is received shows up in the 'to' box at the other end - but be aware that the full address list shows up in the source code for that email. (Tested today in my Evernote version against outlook 2007 and Gmail)

On a quick test, that 'send to' box isn't exclusive - you can add other email addresses including your Evernote address to the main recipient; just comma-separate the addresses. Only the individual by whom the email is received shows up in the 'to' box at the other end - but be aware that the full address list shows up in the source code for that email. (Tested today in my Evernote version against outlook 2007 and Gmail)

Yeah true. Interesting, I tried a test on my Windows PC to a yahoo address, with my evernote address in the to field, and I can see my evernote as a recipient in yahoo.

anyway, it's a good work-around if I don't care if the recipient sees I also sent it to my evernote.

• Level 5*
if I don't care if the recipient sees I also sent it to my evernote.

I was more thinking about a possible 'Reply All' risk and the general lack of serious security in the email system. You can change your email address however should you suddenly start seeing copy emails you didn't expect.. :)

• Level 5*

If Evernote is your external brain, sharing access to it indiscriminately could result in memories of Nigerian princes with millions in unclaimed funds. It might be much ado about nothing, but Evernote doesn't have a spam filter to keep this kind of stuff out, because this is designed to be a way for you to get your stuff in and out of the account, so better safe than sorry.

Archived