Question on Shared Notebooks

A lot of the guys I work with are getting iPads, and look to me as their 'guru.' Evernote is the program I use the most. I would like to share several notebooks with my colleagues. The questions I have:

1. Will they be able to update and change the notebook?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, will that be reflected in my notebook?

3. I am a paid subscriber. It looks like my colleagues are going to have free accounts. Can I still share with them? Will those notebooks count against their data cap?

4. Will the tags sync as well?

Thanks

Phil

• Level 5*

A lot of the guys I work with are getting iPads, and look to me as their 'guru.' Evernote is the program I use the most. I would like to share several notebooks with my colleagues. The questions I have:

1. Will they be able to update and change the notebook?

2. If the answer to #1 is yes, will that be reflected in my notebook?

3. I am a paid subscriber. It looks like my colleagues are going to have free accounts. Can I still share with them? Will those notebooks count against their data cap?

4. Will the tags sync as well?

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil. I think I know the answers, but I hope other users will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

(1) Yes. If you give them the ability to modify. See my page here for some screenshots (http://www.princeton...e-notebook.html).

(2) Yes. If you give them the ability to modify.

(3) Yes. However, if they share with you, they cannot give you the ability to modify. Only premium users have this option.

(4) Yes. I could be wrong, but I don't think your colleagues can create new tags. They can only use existing ones.

I'd be happy to try any of this out with you beforehand so you can give it a try. Just contact me directly, and we'll set it up!

• Level 5*

Yes to everything Grump said. I would add to number 2, that seeing changes is super easy with the new Activity Stream, you may have noticed the satellite icon in the menu bar.

Good point. That Activity Stream has made a big difference.

Archived