PC APP not syncing - not showing content on notes from other devices

GreenImpact

Hmmm.

Are you getting any sync errors reported from the Windows client?

How big is your database (number of notes)?

Do you have any local unsychronized notebooks on your desktop system?

Can you share a link to a note that displays incorrectly on your desktop system?

Hrmm, if it is showing up on the web client, it is likely that the issue is around the windows client down-syncing your content.

Do you know if you can create a note on your windows computer and have it show up on your ipad or android?

I'd definitely go the customer support route, with activity logs and everything. This sounds unusual.

Actually, just to ask a dumb question... are you checking in the right notebook for these notes?

I have a similar problem. I have just moved about sixty notes from folders to one new folder using the web client. I have now booted into Windows and syncronised the client Ver 4.5.7.7146 (several times) and it shows the new folder and tags I have created, but about 60 notes are missing.

They are visible in the Web client on the same machine, The web client says I have 138 notes, The Windows client shows 64 notes. Another machine also shows 138 notes, as does my Android tablet. A note created in the Windows client is visible everywhere.

Regards, Phil S.

Six hour later:

I could not get the Windows client to see the files on the Web and Android clients.

I created a new folder in the web client, and began dragging the "invisible" files over, two at a time, and syncing. In each case the files appeared in the Windows client, until the number of files in the new folder reached 30, then a file got dropped. I was moving files, so I moved it back (in the browser client) and synced. the numbers matched again.

I began moving files, one at a time and syncing. at about 40 files in the folder, they began disappearing (not syncing in the Windows client) despite repeated attempts.

I tried another folder, and similar things happened. My Evernote database is now a shambles, but tags will help me sort things back again.

The Browser client (Windows and Linux, Firefox and Chrome) remains consistent. My Android tablet matches the numbers. Nixnote, an open-source Linux client syncs perfectly, and finds all notes.

Presently, my web clients (Windows and Linux, Firefox and Chrome) and Android and Nixnote (Linux) all count 133 notes, the Windows (ver 4.5.7.7146) client on Windows 7 with current updates sees 87 notes.

I commented today in another thread that the Android 4.1 update (note links working) was going to result in me moving to a premium account. I don't think that will change, because I use Linux and Android more than Windows. But the inability of the Windows client (written by Evernote) to preserve data is a little worrying.

I would appreciate comments from anyone...

Phil S.

Sounds like you have a corrupt sync state on your Windows PC.

Simplest fix is to rebuild the database from the Web.

Tools -> Options -> General -> Open Database folder

File -> Exit

Rename Databases folder to eg Databases.old

Restart ENW

Login

Sync

• 5 months later...

Joining this thread months late, but with the same problem. New user. Notes created in iOS not showing in the PC app. They do appear in the web interface. The solution below is too technical. Sorry to put this bluntly, but -- does this thing work, or not? I love the design and want to use EN, but not so much to wrestle with a technical solution. (I'm very un-technical.) If the synching problem has been solved in the last few months, someone please link me to it. Thanks in advance.

File -> Exit

Restart ENW

Login

Sync

• 9 months later...

Joining this thread months late, but with the same problem. New user. Notes created in iOS not showing in the PC app. They do appear in the web interface. The solution below is too technical. Sorry to put this bluntly, but -- does this thing work, or not? I love the design and want to use EN, but not so much to wrestle with a technical solution. (I'm very un-technical.) If the synching problem has been solved in the last few months, someone please link me to it. Thanks in advance.

File -> Exit

Restart ENW

Login

Sync

Recently I' ve found out that my problem is exactly the same, some notes simply do not appear on my desktop app, it is very annoying since one of those notes is pretty important. So is this a bug or what, I do not have the time nor will to dig into technical stuff, since I already paid for premium service, so I'll be very glad for a simple solution to the problem.

Recently I' ve found out that my problem is exactly the same, some notes simply do not appear on my desktop app, it is very annoying since one of those notes is pretty important. So is this a bug or what, I do not have the time nor will to dig into technical stuff, since I already paid for premium service, so I'll be very glad for a simple solution to the problem.

The above fix is a "simple solution" & takes about one minute to do (excluding re-download time which is dependent upon the size of your database & connection speed). Renaming files/folders is pretty basic stuff these days. If it's too technical for you, I'd suggest you have someone show you how because it's a tool many people find helpful.

• Level 5*

The place where you get premium service is via opening a support request (see the link in my signature for that). Most forum users don't really care whether you have premium service or not when they offer solutions. Note that even with support that you get direct from Evernote, it may take time for you to do the things that they suggest.
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

File -> Exit

Restart ENW

Login

Sync

Thank you so much Owyn - this has worked for me!

• 2 months later...

File -> Exit

Restart ENW

Login

Sync

Came looking for a solution, didn't understand what this meant at first, then I got it after reading more comments from other users.  THANK YOU - worked for me too!  I appreciate it!

The above fix is a "simple solution" & takes about one minute to do (excluding re-download time which is dependent upon the size of your database & connection speed). Renaming files/folders is pretty basic stuff these days. If it's too technical for you, I'd suggest you have someone show you how because it's a tool many people find helpful.

At first, it seemed kind of critical for you to make your comment, but when it came down to trying it out, I realized it wasn't as complicated (Owyn's instructions) as they initially sounded to a novice like myself, and your comment was right on target.  Yours is what made me try it for myself and find it worked.  So, thank you! :)

Archived