(Archived) Penultimate on ipad will not sync with Evernote

jgctx

Help. I have been using Penultimate for a while and have just started using Evernote and I can not get them to sync.

I have Pen* set up under the settings to be linked to my evernote account. It even sees my folder structure when i assign what folder I want my notes to sync to.

I have unlinked and linked again. uninstalled the app and re-installed.

Am I missing a simple check box?

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the discussion forums!

I am not sure what you mean here by linked. I am assuming you want the so-called live-update feature that enables you to open an attachment on the desktop clients, edit it, and save it back to its original location. Unfortunately, with rare exceptions (see QuickOffice Pro HD http://evernote.com/trunk/items/quickoffice-pro-hd?lang=en&layout=default&source=mobile_page), this kind of stuff is not possible on the iPad. At this point, as far as I know, Penultimate can only "send" your notes into notebooks in your account.

Now that Penultimate has been acquired by Evernote, though, I expect will see lots of exciting improvements :)

Sorry for the vagueness. I am looking for the ability to create a note in Penultimate and then have it show up on my desktop evernote client. So better question is what does linking my account in Penuiltimate do?

• Level 5*

Sorry for the vagueness. I am looking for the ability to create a note in Penultimate and then have it show up on my desktop evernote client. So better question is what does linking my account in Penuiltimate do?

Oh. I see! Well, it should be no problem.

(1) In the settings (the gear) link to your account and designate a notebook (default, or the one of your choice).

(2) Create a page.

(3) Press the export icon (top right-hand corner).

(4) Send page to Evernote

It should show up in your account with the title "Notes (page 1)" (assuming you have not assigned a title) and the tag "Penultimate". It's a small thing, perhaps, but it streamlines the process of getting a page from Penultimate into Evernote.

And, if you are like me with a whole bunch of apps, having the dedicated Evernote integration button means that I CAN get things out. Unfortunately, for reasons I do not understand, Evernote routinely falls low on the list of apps when I try to "open in" Evernote, and because Apple limits the list to ten apps, I sometimes have to delete apps just to get a file out of one app and into Evernote without emailing (important, because I have wifi, and when I have no access, I cannot move things from one app to another).

perfect, that was what I was looking for...I thought it would just have an evernote button but since I did not look at the "send page to..." that solved the problem.

Advise...future should just have: Sent to Evernote

Just my $0.02, and thanks.

• Level 5*

perfect, that was what I was looking for...I thought it would just have an evernote button but since I did not look at the "send page to..." that solved the problem.

Advise...future should just have: Sent to Evernote

Just my $0.02, and thanks.

Glad I could help :)

I'm excited to see what Penultimate will do with the app. It has a lot of potential, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see something any day now. I am keeping an eye on the App Store update alerts!

• 1 month later...

This is really kind of bad right now. I don't mind if it is impossible to push changes from Evernote to Penultimate notes, but when I have to manually send over the new file every time I make a change to a Penultimate note so that I can view it in Evernote on my Macbook, that's bad. Because the same note (on the same topic) will now be duplicated every time I update it! I then have to manually erase the old outdated Evernote notes, not to mention all the wasted bandwidth of sending around the entire document.

What needs to happen is a change to a Penultimate note should simply update the corresponding Evernote one.

The Dropbox integration of Penultimate works so fast and flawlessly for backing up the .pen files. It looks like I will need to find a way to open these directly on my Macbook somehow because the other provisions for sync don't do anything friendly.

Archived