(Archived) how to clip screenshot?

asiajason

Idea

I have evernote 3.2.0

I searched the manual, and on page 19, it says "click the menu bar clipper". Despite sounding clear, that's not too clear to me!

Where is the menu bar? The mac menu bar (top left of screen), evernote menu bar (top left of screen), the evernote chrome clipper, or the elephant in the system menu (top right of screen)? (the last one, which I don't have despite it being turned on in the preferences for evernote app)

I can't find that option anywhere!

Thanks for helping a challenged user,

Jason

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have evernote 3.2.0

I searched the manual, and on page 19, it says "click the menu bar clipper". Despite sounding clear, that's not too clear to me!

Where is the menu bar? The mac menu bar (top left of screen), evernote menu bar (top left of screen), the evernote chrome clipper, or the elephant in the system menu (top right of screen)? (the last one, which I don't have despite it being turned on in the preferences for evernote app)

I can't find that option anywhere!

Thanks for helping a challenged user,

Jason

Hi. The manual is in need of some tender loving care and some updating, isn't it :) The "Evernote Helper" (current name) = the "Evernote Clipper" (previous name), and it is not the same as the "Evernote Web Clipper."

When you start Evernote on the Mac, you should see an elephant head in the Mac's menu bar up by the battery and clock icons. If you don't see it, then check your Evernote Preferences, which can be found when Evernote is open by clicking on the word "Evernote" next to the Apple icon on the top left in the Mac menu bar. Click on the elephant head and you will see options like "Clip Rectangle or Window to Evernote." Once you do that, it will open a note with your screenshot. Here is a page describing the process in detail for Mac and Windows users along with some screenshots.

http://www.princeton...screenshot.html

you should see an elephant head in the Mac's menu bar up by the battery and clock icons. If you don't see it, then check your Evernote Preferences, which can be found when Evernote is open by clicking on the word "Evernote" next to the Apple icon on the top left in the Mac menu bar.

Ahhh... but I don't have the elephant head despite it being turned on in the preferences of evernote. ("show the elephant in menu bar" IS checked" - actually, all three boxes are checked.)

Remember, I have 3.2.0 beta on 10.6.8. Is this a bug or something they forgot to include?

I sent a support ticket in.

I'm also watching two other threads on this issue.

You can see both threads at this link: (scroll to my post for the other thread)

http://discussion.ev...m-the-menu-bar/

Do you have any suggestions while I'm waiting for support?

Thanks,

Jason

• Level 5*

I see. Well, I think that if you have everything backed up and synced, then it is worth a try completely uninstalling and re-installing the app again. I am afraid you will have to download all of your files (if you have a large account, this could take many hours), but it is an option. This procedure often solves problems.

I noticed my elephant head wasn't there today when I went to clip a page. Then I changed my clock to make it smaller and it came up. It seems there are too many icons running in my Mac menu bar and it is pushing my elephant head out of sight.

Is there a way to see all of the icons that are running in the Mac menu bar?

Archived