Need advice for travel journal

trilbytvc

My husband and I just retired and will be doing a lot of traveling in our rv. I want to keep a travel journal for our family and friends to keep track of us.

i will set up a shared notebook in evernote, then give those interested the URL. I will post a single daily photo and a few comments, then give a link to a smugmug gallery for more photosnifnsomeone is interested. I will password protect both.

I am currently keeping a paper 10-year diary, and would like to be able to set this up in s similar fashion. Is this possible? For instance, I would like to look back to see what we were doing on the same date for the last five years.

This will be my first attempt at something like this, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I love notability, but since it does not link to evernote., I will be trying penultimate instead.

We are in the second day of this great adventure, so I need to get this started!

Thanks!

• Level 5*

My husband and I just retired and will be doing a lot of traveling in our rv. I want to keep a travel journal for our family and friends to keep track of us.

i will set up a shared notebook in evernote, then give those interested the URL. I will post a single daily photo and a few comments, then give a link to a smugmug gallery for more photosnifnsomeone is interested. I will password protect both.

I am currently keeping a paper 10-year diary, and would like to be able to set this up in s similar fashion. Is this possible? For instance, I would like to look back to see what we were doing on the same date for the last five years.

This will be my first attempt at something like this, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I love notability, but since it does not link to evernote., I will be trying penultimate instead.

We are in the second day of this great adventure, so I need to get this started!

Thanks!

Hello. Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your retirement!

I think a shared notebook sounds like a great idea, and because the links you share with others are keyed to their emails as soon as they join the notebook, you can be confident that the content is inaccessible, so posting pictures and the like directly in the account would be an option to consider.

As for the paper journal, I have scanned in years of paper journal entries, and I've found Evernote to be a great tool for it. I think you'll want to take a look at this thread, especially the posts by Don Sakers. I think he would be happy to answer any questions about the process.

On the iPad I usually use GoodNotes or NoteTaker HD. I love the Penultimate interface, but they don't have a zoom feature yet, so I find it difficult for notetaking. I think if I had better handwriting I might have better luck with it. We're all looking forward to the next Penultimate update, naturally, so keep an eye out for that :)

I'm sure other users will have lots of great ideas. If you have a chance, stop by my page here, where I have posted a bunch of Evernote use cases. You'll see some innovative stuff (think about using the Food, Hello, and Skitch apps as well!) there that could make the travel journal even more fun.

http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/evernote-use-cases.html

Thanks for your quick response. Everyone is so helpful here. I have always received great advice when needed. I will check out the links you suggested.

We will be crossing into Canada in a few hours, so our Internet access will be limited to public wifi. I will be checking the forum when I get the chance, but am not sure when and how often that will be. We paid for wireless access just to do our banking and other business, but the prices are astronomical for even a tiny amount of data. We will be in Canada for two months.

Thanks!

• Level 5*

LOL. Use the web clipper to get as much stuff as possible into your Evernote account ASAP! On the iPad, iCab Mobile is a browser with a clipper. On the Desktop, you can find the Evernote Clipper on the Evernote site.

See you when you get back in wifi range :)

Believe me, I have been stashing things in evernote! i just downloaded the files for "free and inexpensive RV sites in Canada" for the provinces we will be visiting (Canadian Maritimes). Diesel fuel. locator is next.

• 1 year later...

Adventures for iPhone - A Journal and Travelog for Evernote

You go on adventures you never want to forget. Now save every place, photo, and incredible moment forever with Adventures for iPhone from KaL MichaeL Visual Design, Inc, powered by Evernote.

Adventures is your private, Evernote-powered travelog, and it's on sale for a limited time. With Adventures you can:

* save every concert, road trip, wedding, late night, and epic event as an Adventure in Evernote
* Add Memories to each Adventure—locations from FourSquare, all your incredible photos, and the moments you don't ever want to forget
* Share Memories to App.net, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and FourSquare
* Relive your Adventures pinned to a beautiful map

Every place, photo, and moment is saved forever in your Evernote account. Evernote is a fantastic service to help you remember everything, so it's a perfect fit for your Adventures. If you're new to Evernote, it's easy to get started with a free account right from within Adventures. Existing Evernote users can quickly sign in and start creating an Adventures travelog.

You can optionally share Memories on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, App.net, and FourSquare, or keep them private in Evernote. You can even relive all your Memories pinned to a beautiful map, whether your Adventures take you around your block or across the globe.

Begin your adventures right now for just $1.99, on sale for a limited time in the App Store. To learn more, you can visit the Adventures for iOS website or contact KaL MichaeL at kal@kalmichael.com.

Archived