(Archived) EXTRAORDINARILY LONG time for Evernote to sync. Why?

OrganisedSid

Hi guys

It was one of the last 2 updates which seems to have caused it. I'm using version 4.0.4, and even when i haven't made any changes whatsoever, that circle in the bottom left on Evernote goes round and round and roudn and round and round for what seems like eternity before it says "downloading headers....." etc. I times it before and the spinner span round for 4 minutes and 23 seconds before it said "downloading headers" etc.

It shouldnt be doing this. It never used to. If nothing has changed the sync should be almost instantanous - that's how it always used to be. it's taking the same amount of time now if there are no changes to what it used to do if i had changed eevry single note in almost every notebook.

I used to use Evernote to send links quickly from my pc to my phone, but the amount of time it now takes to sync even when i add 1 note with 1 link is making Evernote an impractical option.

Are the devs aware of this issue, and wioll it be fixed any time soon?

Cheers

jeff

I'm using HTC Sensation running Androird 4.0.3. If it helps, i'm also using wifi all the time

• Level 5*

Hello. I don't know what could be causing the issues you are reporting. I know you can adjust the sync frequency, but that probably won't help in this case. Of course, it will be interesting to hear what other users have to say, and you may want to contact customer support (see my signature), but I would suggest trying the beta. I am using it now, and it is working quite well for me.

It takes all of 5 seconds for my device to sync. I'd say either something is wrong with your Wi-Fi connection or you should just restart your phone and see if that resolves anything that could be affecting it in the background.

Thanks GrumpyMonkey. I've filled out the form

It takes all of 5 seconds for my device to sync. I'd say either something is wrong with your Wi-Fi connection or you should just restart your phone and see if that resolves anything that could be affecting it in the background.

My phone has been restarted 10+ times since it started playing up and there is nothing wrong with my wifi conenction which happens to be perfectly fine with every other app.

@OrganisedSid,

Thanks for the feedback, we will do a round of performance testing next week and compare the current version with the 3.0 version.

Different factors can impact the performance, but it looks like you've checked most of them already (flaky wifi, low device memory...).

• Level 5*

I recieved instruction from an Evernote employee to sign out, clear cache, and then reboot my phone. That seems to have solved it. Thanks you :)

Amazing. I never even would have thought about that. It seems obvious in retrospect, though. Thanks for sharing the resolution with us!

I recieved instruction from an Evernote employee to sign out, clear cache, and then reboot my phone. That seems to have solved it. Thanks you :)

Amazing. I never even would have thought about that. It seems obvious in retrospect, though. Thanks for sharing the resolution with us!

Thanks GM. I'm actually surprised too.

Until i signed out etc the spinner would go round and round and round, but now it just goes straight into "downloading headers". That's how it always used to be.

Archived