(Archived) Local Notebook Offline Sync

JamesCE

Goooooooood Morning All!

Hope all is well! And those that are state side... getting ready for a nice holiday (too bad its mid week).

I have a question regarding syncing local notebooks.

From searching it appears it is not possible to sync local notebooks offline. So I just wanted to confirm there hasn't been an update.

Basically I just want a private book to sync with my phone without going to the web or using web. While I can use EN I've moved a PC in an environment that cannot access the web.However, I use it just like any other pc other then it doesn't sync. It would be nice to have the notes on my phone though.

• Level 5*

As far as I know, this is not possible. I could imagine taking that local notebook, copying it onto a thumb drive, and putting it onto your PC. Otherwise, the only way to get access on your phone is to sync the notes to the web. If you are adventurous, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a way to hack it to do something. It might also be worth looking into the Trunk. Again, most things sync through the Internet, so a direct sync between deices without using the Internet would be unlikely.

• Level 5*

Yeah. I have to say this sounds like a niche case well-outside of Evernote's core, which revolves around syncing with the cloud. It is a real shame that your employer doesn't provide an Internet connection for the PC, but is there any reason you are keeping the notes local instead of syncing them? This would allow you to have them on the Android.

• Level 5*

LOL. Now I am confused. Do you want a local notebook (one located on your desktop at home that does not sync to the Internet) or an offline notebook (one that your mobile device keeps stored and available even when offline)? If the latter, then this is definitely available. All you need is a premium account :)

Archived