brihanrohan

android (Archived) Audio dictation in non-English language

Hi. I don't believe it is currently possible to dictate and have the content transcribed in any language (including English) is it? I don't think Evernote has this feature.

If you use a third-party application (see the trunk) it is probably possible. Perhaps Siri or the Google equivalent could do it. In the past with Dragon Naturally Speaking (a few years ago) I had trouble getting myself recognized, because I am not a native Japanese speaker. My pronunciation is pretty good (I have passed for a native speaker, for example, when answering the phone at a company where I worked), but apparently not good enough. Perhaps the tech has gotten better since then for non-native speakers.

Hi,

On my Android phone, one of the help tips that shows up when I first start it says that audio dictation is possible. I tried it briefly but it didn't use the language settings of the phone for audio input. It defaulted to transcribing in English.

Hi,

On my Android phone, one of the help tips that shows up when I first start it says that audio dictation is possible. I tried it briefly but it didn't use the language settings of the phone for audio input. It defaulted to transcribing in English.

Interesting. I will give it a try on my phone and see what I can do with it.