(Archived) HELP: Notebook list won't scroll on new MBA, Evernote 3.1.2

vertices

Idea

Doesn't matter if I'm fullscreen or not, I have a notebook list that is larger than the window and needs to be scrolled. I can push it down there but it pops back up right away. Anything I can do? This is a real pain to get my notes.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

I don't think this has anything to do with the MBA. My guess is that your account is still syncing, and so the scrolling is not working properly. If you click on a note in the center pane, and then use the arrow keys to scroll up, you should be fine. Did this work? When the syncing is over, the behavior returns to normal. It is a known bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in future updates.

• Level 5*

I definitely believe it has nothing to do with the MBA in general. I have been using the MBA for two years now with great success and no MBA specific Evernote problems.

Having said that, I have only a small number of notebooks, less than 20 (but I use only 4-5 actively). So I can't speak to how it works if you have many notebooks (say > 50). But I do have enough Notebooks that I need to scroll them on my MBA-11, and this seems to work fine.

If it turns out to not be the syncing issue that GM mentioned (after sync is finished for you), then I would recommend submitting an Evernote Support Ticket.

Ok so I have an iMac running Snow Leopard with Evernote 3.1.2. No problems here at all. I get a scroll bar on the right side in the list of Notebooks and can scroll properly.

On my new MBA running Lion and Evernote 3.1.2, the scroll bar does not appear. There is no scroll bar. I described this incorrectly before. I can't scroll at all. I need to close stacks to attempt to get at the bottom. There are notebooks at the way bottom that I simply can't open. When I attempt to scroll, it bounces off the bottom or top, but doesn't actually scroll.

Both installs are fully synced. Does this help? Any ideas now? It's pretty frustrating and makes Evernote essentially unusable on my new MBA unless I am luck and need one of the upper notebooks. Thanks for the assistance.

• Level 5*

It is possible that you have scrollbars turned off somehow. You may want to check your OSX settings (the Apple in the upper left-hand corner) and make sure you have scrollbars showing always. This is in the general settings there. I cannot remember if I had this setting in SL, but assuming it isn't there, it would be the upgrade to a new OS that is causing the discrepancy. That seems to make more sense in your case than a quirk in the Evernote installation.

Not yet. This is a brand new Ivy Bridge MBA that just came in. I just installed Evernote 3.1.2 on it and it doesn't work. I guess I can uninstall and try again but like I said, it's brand new and was just installed from the app store.

• Level 5*

Not yet. This is a brand new Ivy Bridge MBA that just came in. I just installed Evernote 3.1.2 on it and it doesn't work. I guess I can uninstall and try again but like I said, it's brand new and was just installed from the app store.

Hi. You might have missed my post. Make sure to check your preferences first (see post above).

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Still have the issue. In general settings Show Scroll Bars was set to the default of "Automatically based on input device". I changed this to "Always" and now I have Scroll Bars everywhere, except in Evernote NoteBook list.

• Level 5*

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. Still have the issue. In general settings Show Scroll Bars was set to the default of "Automatically based on input device". I changed this to "Always" and now I have Scroll Bars everywhere, except in Evernote NoteBook list.

I suppose you could restart the computer and see if that doesn't solve it by recognizing your new settings. Beyond that, you may need to contact support. I am afraid this is the only place in the computer I know to find control over scroll bars.

I got this reply from support and it worked perfectly. Not sure how that happened on a brand new install but oh well.

-------------------------------------------------

We would like to have you completely delete all traces of Evernote and then try to install again. First verify that all your notes have synced.

If you have unsynced or local only notes you will need to export these and back them up in another location prior to uninstalling Evernote in this manner. Failure to back up local only or unsynced notes will result in the loss of these notes. Once ready, please download and use the following program to uninstall Evernote:

http://onnati.net/apptrap/

Reboot your computer.

Then, download and install the latest version of the Mac client:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/get.php?file=EvernoteMac

When you open our installer, make sure to drag the Evernote icon into the Applications folder instead of running it from within the installer package.

Eject the disk image and delete the installer file before you run Evernote.

Let us know how this works for you.

Thank you.

• Level 5*

I got this reply from support and it worked perfectly. Not sure how that happened on a brand new install but oh well.

-------------------------------------------------

We would like to have you completely delete all traces of Evernote and then try to install again. First verify that all your notes have synced.

If you have unsynced or local only notes you will need to export these and back them up in another location prior to uninstalling Evernote in this manner. Failure to back up local only or unsynced notes will result in the loss of these notes. Once ready, please download and use the following program to uninstall Evernote:

http://onnati.net/apptrap/

Reboot your computer.

Then, download and install the latest version of the Mac client:

http://www.<span sty...ile=EvernoteMac

When you open our installer, make sure to drag the Evernote icon into the Applications folder instead of running it from within the installer package.

Eject the disk image and delete the installer file before you run Evernote.

Let us know how this works for you.

Thank you.

Thanks for posting that. Glad that customer service got everything sorted out for you :)

Archived