(Archived) Open for suggestions

nyartist

I woke up this morning overwhelmed with all of my papers scattered around and realized it was time to abandon the old system. Here's what I do: I organize painting and cultural trips for artists and wine and food lovers - and take them overseas to Europe and South and Central America. As I recently decided to ramp up my business and offer more tours I did a search for online organizers and found Evernote among others. My solution? I just created one notebook for each tour/location. For example: Cuba, Tuscany, etc. Then I took all the notes and to do things from my paper scatter and wrote them into the appropiate notebook. It seems to be a nice solution, at least temporarily. But I know I've only scratched the surface. One question: I have on my hard drive a client database for each trip. How and why would I integrate those databases with Evernote? What would be the advantage? Any other tips and ideas would be welcome.

• Level 5*

I woke up this morning overwhelmed with all of my papers scattered around and realized it was time to abandon the old system. Here's what I do: I organize painting and cultural trips for artists and wine and food lovers - and take them overseas to Europe and South and Central America. As I recently decided to ramp up my business and offer more tours I did a search for online organizers and found Evernote among others. My solution? I just created one notebook for each tour/location. For example: Cuba, Tuscany, etc. Then I took all the notes and to do things from my paper scatter and wrote them into the appropiate notebook. It seems to be a nice solution, at least temporarily. But I know I've only scratched the surface. One question: I have on my hard drive a client database for each trip. How and why would I integrate those databases with Evernote? What would be the advantage? Any other tips and ideas would be welcome.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you are off to a good start with Evernote. I don't know the particulars of your situation, so I cannot say how or why you would want to put the databases into Evernote. Could you give us a little bit more information about the database types and the content?

Speaking for myself, I found Evernote a wonderful way to put everything I have into one place, with easy access anytime, anyplace, and on any device. It is kind of like carrying around your office (file cabinets, yellow post-it notes, bookcases, and all) with you wherever you go.

Concretely speaking, when I travel overseas, Evernote makes it easy to keep working, because all of my notes are inside of it (I went paperless a few years back) and most of my personal library has been digitized and put into it (I still have a few hundred books to go, but I am almost there). Evernote's powerful searches make it possible for me to pull out my iPhone and access anything I own in just a few seconds. If I can't find it in Evernote, then it probably doesn't exist. And, if I need to share anything with my colleagues, it is only a click away.

You'll want to check out the Evernote blogs, where users in similar situations have found Evernote to be a good solution. Here are a few that seemed relevant to your case.

http://blog.evernote...g-and-learning/

http://blog.evernote...-travel-series/

http://blog.evernote...ppercase-video/

• Level 5*

thanks for your response.. So far I've avoided getting a smart phone but now that Im using Evernote it would seem a 'smart' thing to get.

Evernote will make the purchase worthwhile, in my opinion :)

• 1 year later...

If you would like to have maps of your notes, you may consider to install GoLater if you have iPhone.  This APP will show the map based on your tag of each note with specific format g:/address or general known name or city, and you can view location of each note, view map of all of your notes for those selected sync notebooks, view map of a single notebook.   You can get your note from map, or get map from your note.  Besides, you can make a trip by selecting notes from various notebooks.   Welcome to have a look of GoLater's web site.   

Archived