(Archived) Default tag for web clipping

shekala

Is there a way to have all web clippings get a designated tab and database by default, rather than entering it in the pop up box each time?

Also, can web clippings go straight to the desktop client, or must they first go to the web client, then get synced back to the desktop?

Thanks!

There's no way to set default tagging for web clips.

Both desktop clients include support for clipping directly to the client without going through the web. On Windows, this goes through the "Add to Evernote" option in IE and Firefox, and on the Mac, you can select the content of the web page, copy it, and then use the "Clip to Evernote" feature in the menubar to make a note in your Evernote client.

I dont see the add to evernote option in Firefox. However, there is a bookmark button that seems to clip the selection to the web client. Is that what you are referring to?

also, in my taskbar, i just now noticed an evernote icon that allows for clipping - is that what you mean? it seems to clip to the client directly

If you don't have a green elephant head button in your Firefox toolbar, you may not have the Evernote add-in installed. Check your add-ins ... maybe remove anything you see there that says "Evernote" and then try reinstalling by going to this link:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... MozClipper

The taskbar clipper achieves a similar result, but the button in Firefox may be more convenient.

Archived