Landscape writing

reinier

Idea

19 replies to this idea

+1

I write and draw in landscape orientation exclusively (add to the fact that most keyboards and covers prop up your iPad in landscape). Not showing up in Evernote rotated properly has been a deal breaker for me. I love the app, but every image is 90 degrees off.

Will Penultimate ever fully support landscape mode?  I use an iPad for note taking at work with the smartcover as a kickstand and because Penultimate would not handle landscape properly I've been using Skitch instead for some time now.  Not a great workaround but sufficient to my needs.  Unfortunately the recent Skitch update is unfriendly for note taking so although I've been an active Evernote Premium subscriber since April 2009 I'm now left with no satisfactory Evernote note taking app.

+1. I was looking for a whiteboard app and landscape mode is literally the first thing I tried. I was after taking notes and making sketches on the iPad and seeing them on my desktop. It's odd to see your diagrams sideways. I wish I could mark the sheet somehow to tell the desktop app where the bottom is.

This is kind of wierd but I have been using Penultimate for quite a while in landscape mode with the binding toward the top of the iPad and the icons for eraser, pen etc on the right hand side as well as the page number.  Now all of this is on the left side and I can't get it to go back the way it was?

forget it. seems the Evernote folks are spread too thin with their acquisition & partnering strategy to improve apps or respond to us.

I have upgraded my ipad to a nexus anyway - and that leaves out penultimate and it's landscape issue altogether -

not to mention the HUGE notebooks one has to scroll through instead of a reasonable size list of notes in penultimate...

unless they finally fill and execute on that hinted android developer job opening...

I loved using it - showed it to many people while projecting whiteboards.

Currently looking at several similar ones on Android...

Wake me if it happens.

I use this exclusively for Whiteboarding. Sometimes projected. Always Landscape for obvious reasons.

The failure to recognize orientation when exporting seems to be a strange omission for such a well thought-out app.

What were you all thinking? No one thought of the Whiteboard use case?

Landscape and Android priority changes would have the greatest value for me.

One of the paper choices has lined landscape. I'd like to see landscape paper offered in more options, like the todo or planner pages. Writing landscape makes it easier for me to avoid inadvertently turning pages with my wrist!

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

The Penultimate application allows you to write in landscape mode, but it does not save files that way. If you turn your iPad to Portrait view, you'll see that the text you entered in landscape mode is now vertical. This has its pros and cons. Hopefully, Penultimate will be adding new features and options in the future, but at this point, the easiest way to make the text display in landscape mode for you is to rotate it yourself. If you are using a Mac, you can open the file in Preview and rotate it there.

Archived