How can I get an Evernote into dropbox

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums! I do not think it is possible. Why do you want to add the notes to Dropbox? If you want to share them, you can do that directly from Evernote.

If you have access to a computer, you can use the desktop version to export as .enml or .html and save that file into dropbox.

I haven't used it myself, but there is a service that will let you email files into your Dropbox. I don't think this is associated with Dropbox directly, so you should probably be a little careful: http://sendtodropbox.com/

I realized when I read your question that I almost never export FROM Evernote, I'm always trying different ways to get things IN. I'm just curious, could you explain your use case a little?

• Level 5*

I haven't used it myself, but there is a service that will let you email files into your Dropbox. I don't think this is associated with Dropbox directly, so you should probably be a little careful: http://sendtodropbox.com/

I realized when I read your question that I almost never export FROM Evernote, I'm always trying different ways to get things IN. I'm just curious, could you explain your use case a little?

I haven't used the service either, but it was mentioned (by mrtim?) to me by someone on the forums. I am rather cautious about running my stuff through someone's service, and I don't really have a use-case that involves emailing to Dropbox. I am curious about what you are wanting to do as well.

• Level 5*

You can always print to PDF & save the PDF to Dropbox. Or if the entire note can be viewed on the screen, take a screen cap & save that to Dropbox.

You cannot print to PDF on the iPad. However, the screen capture idea is a possibility.

You can always print to PDF & save the PDF to Dropbox. Or if the entire note can be viewed on the screen, take a screen cap & save that to Dropbox.

You cannot print to PDF on the iPad. However, the screen capture idea is a possibility.

Save2PDF.

• Level 5*

Save2PDF.

You cannot save to PDF on the iPad either :)

• Level 5*

I have a couple others (convert to PDF & can't find the other(s).). I guess I'd never tried them with Evernote. (I rarely print my Evernotes.). . Wonder why they don't work with EN...???

In general, the iPad isn't a great environment for moving stuff around. Things get complicated or impossible pretty quickly. This is why Evernote's ability to email in and out is such an important feature. I am not sure what the OP is trying to do with Dropbox, but if it has anything to do with sharing a note, then it is very easily done without Dropbox.

Attachments like PDF files are a different story. You can "open in" Dropbox, so that is simple. I suppose one alternative for the OP would be to copy the note, paste the content into something like Pages, export that by email as a PDF, and then open that PDF in Dropbox. Whew! What a pain :) But, it could be done in combination with other apps. You'll note here that Pages (Apple app) does not talk directly to Dropbox either, and it is impossible to move directly from it to Dropbox.

A straight note -> Dropbox move like the OP wants? That is not possible (as far as I know).

• Level 5*

You guys really need to start exploring ifttt more. You can with that, I don't have this one set but there is a setup for it

http://ifttt.com/recipes/40405

Edit....Oh wait that may only be for shared links let me keep looking

Good point. A third party application like ifttt or cloudhq might accomplish the task. I still don't understand the use-case, though. Is there a reason you would want the data that is on evernote servers to be replicated in dropbox? I've already got a copy of my database on evernote servers, my local drives (iPad, Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, etc) and external drives.

GM yes Cloudhq will for sure.

I can think of a reason, if i wanted to share files that needed to be uploaded into other programs with team members or assistants this would allow me to keep everything in Evernote, but make it automatic that it uploaded to dropbox. that way when my assistant need to upload a pdf contract into another online program, like sometimes needs to be done for me, she would be able to easily do it. She cannot as easily do it if it is in evernote and she needs to first download the pdf to her computer, then upload it to the program.

Make sense?

• Level 5*

Why not share a notebook with her? We have notifications now, so she'll know when it is updated.

The use-case makes sense, though. It just seems to me that It replicates functionality already found in Evernote.

Correct me if I am wrong here GM because i hope there is an easier way I am missing... in this case

she needs to upload a contract into the program we need to use online

she goes to the shared notebook, downloads it to her computer and goes to the 3rd party program then uploads.

In my scenario she goes straight to the 3rd party program and just uploads it from dropbox, saves a step. And when you need to do that step 30 times a week it adds up

• Level 5*

Correct me if I am wrong here GM because i hope there is an easier way I am missing... in this case

she needs to upload a contract into the program we need to use online

she goes to the shared notebook, downloads it to her computer and goes to the 3rd party program then uploads.

In my scenario she goes straight to the 3rd party program and just uploads it from dropbox, saves a step. And when you need to do that step 30 times a week it adds up

Sounds right to me. Good point about a use case that requires transfering data to another application.

• 2 months later...

I too am looking for ways to get Evernote content into Dropbox. Use case: I use Evernote for (among other things) jotting ideas and snippets of writing into a "journal". I use Scrivener to write with. Scrivener will sync with Dropbox, but not Evernote. I would like when I open Scrivener to see my journal notes so I can craft them into 'real' writing...

Save2PDF.

Apple removed the ability of apps like Save2PDF to appear in the print dialog box with the introduction of iOS 5. You could, I suppose use the browser built into Save2PDF to access the web version of Evernote and print that way. Kind of clunky, though.

• 2 months later...

Thanx for a few of the suggestions

I too want to get my notes into Dropbox and get off Evernote

The lack of ability to go to an older version of the file, even just the last version, is doing my head in when I identically close a file Ive worked on and lose my changes or data.

And no, i most definitely dont see the pro version being worth what it costs. A once off small fee, maybe, but a subscription? Thanks, but Ill have to find another service.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My reasons for the need to get ever notes into drop box are twofold.

One I primarily have been using Dropbox to keep files safe in case of bushfires etc since the Kelmscott fires. It makes sense to have everything together . if you lose everything you lose everything! iPad phone PC etc.

Also I too write and use evernote along with several other apps and would love to have all the files together. Currently only one syncs with Dropbox.

My reasons for the need to get ever notes into drop box are twofold.

One I primarily have been using Dropbox to keep files safe in case of bushfires etc since the Kelmscott fires. It makes sense to have everything together . if you lose everything you lose everything! iPad phone PC etc.

Also I too write and use evernote along with several other apps and would love to have all the files together. Currently only one syncs with Dropbox.

Since Evernote is a cloud service, any notes sync'd are in a cloud. Putting your Evernote database into Dropbox doesn't do anything different, unless you have local/non synced notebooks. If you have local notebooks, then unless you encrypt your EN database before putting it into Dropbox, you are defeating the purpose of local notebooks.

I do agree one should keep backups of your EN database. But putting it into Dropbox as a disaster recovery step is redundant.

Yeah that sounded dumb after I posted it. I guess I just want everything in easy reach together. I've lost a few files due to app crashes and am updating most to drop box just frustrated by the Evernote which otherwise I use happily.

I've tried sendtodropbox.com but found that when you mail a note from Evernote to your sendtoboxdrop account, all you get are separate files for each attachment to the note. The note itself (headline, any text in the note) doesn't end up in the folder on your Dropbox. Makes it kind of useless fro me.

• 3 years later...

Hi all, I am also wanting to get my EN to Dropbox. My reason is it want to use my apple pen to edit it Penultimate and I can't find a way anywhere that allow me to see my EN in Penultimate (you can see Penultimate in EN however... ?).

i thought if I can upload to. Dropbox I could download to Penultimate. 

Any help would be appreciated. ?? 

Edit: I actually want my EN in LiquidText for editing.  So I still need EN to Dropbox.

Archived