(Archived) HELP: Can't access my account

Sunray28

Idea

I downloaded the new version. I put in what I thought was my username and it said invalid. It asked for either a username or email and when I put in my email it says invalid as well. I submitted a ticket and received an email that says I am not a Premium member and they will respond when there is time. But I am a Premium member (was just charged on my credit card again last month). I finally was able to get into my account and the only notes that are there are a few from 2009. Incredibly frustrated!

28 replies to this idea

I am experiencing a similar problem: I have a premium account and another non premium account. Heavy use was on the premium account and I tied it to my business address. I no longer work at the job. The company has disabled my email address. Emails go out into space. And I've forgotten the password for it. I cannot get help for this premium account without providing the email and password and if I am asked to "reset" the password, EN insists on sending it to my OLD email address. I've tried to log in to chat. . . to talk about it. AH . . I need my password for that. I put in a support ticket. (ah, you need a password for that too) but I put one in with the non-premium account, explaining it all.

Nothing.

Ah, I needed my password to even post here -- so I am using my non premium account -- again.

Please help me. I thought it would be a simple matter of just changing the email address associated with the account.

Oh, btw, I am IN the old account. I keep it open for fear of being locked out. I can view my notes but I cannot do anything substantial (change billing address, change credit card and certainly not change email address without recovering my password (which will be sent to an account I can no longer access).

Must I really just write off the old account and pay $45 again. My account isn't due for renewal until March 2014!

Help please!

Was this truly resolved for the previous poster as well. . I don't see a resolution here. . I don't think.

I submitted a support ticket and got this message If my email is incorrect? Of course it is incorrect. I cannot access that email account any more. . this is so frustrating. I think I'll use another software! Urghhhhh

Your issue has been assigned support ticket #55322. You have also been emailed a confirmation including this number.

You should receive an email confirmation immediately. If you do not, please check your Spam folder or check your email address on file in your Evernote account settings. If the email is incorrect, please change it and then resubmit your ticket.

Your request is now awaiting assignment with our support team. Responses are made in the order received.

Thanks,

• Level 5*

Thank you Jackolicious but the problem is I am unable to submit a support request because in relation to my lost account Evernote says both my password is invalid and that my email address is not associated with any account. Only thing that Evernote seems to think is valid is my username but that won't get me any support.

Only way I am on this forum is by creating a totally new account (currently empty) on a new email address. Would be great if the support people could let me know (on this email address - username sturving ) - just what email address they have for my previous account , (user name kathlen. )

Hi. You can contact support (see the link in my signature below) with the email address associated for this forum account (the empty one), explain your issue, and they will take it from there.

I have flagged your post for support to look at as well.

Thank you Jackolicious but the problem is I am unable to submit a support request because in relation to my lost account Evernote says both my password is invalid and that my email address is not associated with any account. Only thing that Evernote seems to think is valid is my username but that won't get me any support.

Only way I am on this forum is by creating a totally new account (currently empty) on a new email address. Would be great if the support people could let me know (on this email address - username ------- ) - just what email address they have for my previous account , (user name -------. )

[Edit:] I (Grumpy Monkey) have removed the identifying information just because you are here looking to gain access to your account, and I wouldn't want anyone to take advantage of the situation. Normally, of course, a username alone wouldn't get anyone access, but this seems like a prudent measure given the circumstances. Please do give this information to the support folks, though!

I have only just found this thread and have submitted a query on another thread. Have the same problem as sunray28 except not a premium member. Now have set up two accounts ( new one on another email address )in order to communicate with Evernote. Evernote not recognising my password or my email address for my first account (when it says an email has been sent to reset password it doesn't arrive - I wonder where they have gone!) I could have password wrong (can't check as passwords are in Evernote!)but can't see how I would have email address wrong . (Anyway have tried both of the email addresses I have ever used).

my first account username is kathlen . Can anyone advise how to get help. Can't send email to evernote as doesn't recognise my account email as valid .

That's a great idea and I was going to do that but the problem is, if I do that, the the Premium account will still be attached to the defunct account and therefore $45 wasted. I think what I will do is go through my notes, email or scan them into the Premium account that now has nothing in it and be done with it. Very strange that I have been using an Evernote account for four or five years that is associated with an email address that has been dead for that long.

This is a bit a$$backwards, but it would probably get you going quickly. Set up another email address. Change the email address on the OLD Evernote account to the new email address. This frees up the live email address for you to change via going to your account page on your Mac.

Yes - definitely meant help! The correct username/files are on my ipad but are tied into an old, inoperable email address. My current email address (which I can access through my Mac and the web) is tied to an Evernote account that I haven't used for 5 years and that is the account that has the Premium service. If I could delete the account that is using my current email, that would free the email to be used on the other account but I don't see a way to do that - only to "deactivate" the account.

Not a huge amount of notes - maybe 100. But the bigger issue is I am paying for Premium service on an account I no longer used and is tied to an inoperable email! I'm hoping customer service can straighten it out. Thanks so much for your hel!

If I'm understanding you correctly, the Mac client has the good data but the obsolete email address? If so, in the Windows client, you can click on help/go to my account page. You can then change the email address there (personal settings).

I'm also assuming you meant thanks for GM's helP...??? :P (What a difference a letter makes.)

• Level 5*

Our support team should be able to help you out! It's only been a couple of hours since your OP so they may not have seen this yet, but I'll alert them regardless.

Cheers!

Now you have Evernote staff on the case. It'll be sorted out soon. Please keep us updated!

I decided to call the phone number on my credit card statement where they charged Evernote and it is out of service. Aaargggghhhhh!!!!

EN does not provide phone support. You need to wait unto support responds to the ticket you submitted.

Not a huge amount of notes - maybe 100. But the bigger issue is I am paying for Premium service on an account I no longer used and is tied to an inoperable email! I'm hoping customer service can straighten it out. Thanks so much for your hel!

• Level 5*

The user names are different. The one on my Mac and web show the user name that shows here - Sunray28. The one on my ipad shows the user name I have normally used over the past few years - and obviously that's where my data is. So the only thing I can think of is that the Ipad username is tied to an inoperable email account - an account I haven't used for five years and no longer exists. So if that's the case, how do I get my username/files that show on my ipad tied to my current email address which looks to be registered to Sunray28 from 2009 (I had my current email address back then as well).

Hi. Great! We have almost solved the problem. I am still confused as to how a separate account on your Mac could have the data on your iPad. My theory is that in your Library you actually have two accounts, a newer one that you accidentally made (or forgot that you made) and the older one tied to the inactive email account. Your earlier search with Spotlight found the notes in this old account, and if you traveled up the folder tree then you would find they are in a separate folder.This is getting a bit messy :)

The best thing to do would be to wait for customer service. They will get you sorted out, because they have control over such things.

How many notes are we talking about?

The user names are different. The one on my Mac and web show the user name that shows here - Sunray28. The one on my ipad shows the user name I have normally used over the past few years - and obviously that's where my data is. So the only thing I can think of is that the Ipad username is tied to an inoperable email account - an account I haven't used for five years and no longer exists. So if that's the case, how do I get my username/files that show on my ipad tied to my current email address which looks to be registered to Sunray28 from 2009 (I had my current email address back then as well).

• Level 5*

I just looked on my ipad. The notes are there and it says that my username is what I thought it was. I'm thinking that maybe my account is tied to an email address I stopped using five years ago. Could that be? How can I change the email on the account - it just charged me for Premium so I want to use that account. Thanks so much for your help.

So, we have three clients: the iPad, your Mac, and the web. The iPad has all of the information it is supposed to have, but the Mac and web clients do not, even though they have the same account name?

I think that is impossible. The reason I say this is that the iPad must sync to the Evernote servers, and the web shows what is on the servers, so there is no way that the files could end up in two locations, but not on the web. Please confirm that the account names are really the same across all three clients.

Assuming that they are, then that is weird. I would take a look at your Account Information on all three clients and see if they match up. You can change information on the web client, but I would wait until you figure out what is going on here.

I just looked on my ipad. The notes are there and it says that my username is what I thought it was. I'm thinking that maybe my account is tied to an email address I stopped using five years ago. Could that be? How can I change the email on the account - it just charged me for Premium so I want to use that account. Thanks so much for your help.

• Level 5*

I have found the notes on my computer. So they do exist! Now what?

Well, I think we can all agree that is good news! If you haven't been backing up your hard drive with time machine, I think this is a wonderful opportunity to do it :)

The folder enclosing your data will have your account name. Is this the same name you are using to log into the account with only 2009 notes? Probably not. So, you can try to login with that name and whatever password you think might be associated with it. If you have forgotten your password, you can go to the Evernote website and get it emailed to you.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried that and all I get is access to the account with a few old notes from 2009. I'm wondering if my email address could somehow be tied to two different accounts?

The web client shows what is in your account on Evernote's servers. It is possible that you have more notes on your Mac, but these are not synced. Do you know any keywords that you could search for in them? If so, Spotlight (I prefer HoudahSpot) could find them on your hard drive. Point it to your Library folder, and you could check that they actually exist this way.

It is unlikely that you share the same email address between two accounts, because Evernote requires a unique email address when you create an account. Do you have more than one email account?

• Level 5*

I downloaded the new version. I put in what I thought was my username and it said invalid. It asked for either a username or email and when I put in my email it says invalid as well. I submitted a ticket and received an email that says I am not a Premium member and they will respond when there is time. But I am a Premium member (was just charged on my credit card again last month). I finally was able to get into my account and the only notes that are there are a few from 2009. Incredibly frustrated!

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your issue. This really sounds like something that customer support could probably handle better, and I hope that they get back to you soon. What I can suggest is that you log into the web client at www.evernote.com, where you can check on your notes and your account status. Tell us what you find there, and maybe we can give you a better sense of where to go at that point.

Archived