Calling all productivity writers: Let's change the world together!

Today, I'm thrilled to announce that I'm formally opening up my site to productivity authors. Whether you own your own blog, write for multiple different sites or always though about writing but just didn't know where to start, I invite you to join me in my quest to help make little differences across the globe in the way people get things done.

In preparing for this post, I thought of several questions you might have for me. I'd like to take this moment to address some of those now. For instance:

Why are you opening your site to guest writers?

I have found some of the most memorable posts on this site was through the work of others. Posts from people like Christopher Mayo, Steve Brim, Gordon Robb and Dean Ouellette to name a few have receive extraordinary hits and continue to be among some of the most po*****r. Why? Because people love to read other people's use cases of how they're getting things done.

What benefit do I get by writing for you?

Fair question. Over 10,000 people in just 9 months have purchased my Evernote and Getting Things Done eBook, which is sold in the Trunk and sold have almost two dozen affiliates worldwide. MySpringpad GTD book has sold over 500 in just 2 months since its release. I have over 6,000 subscribers to my mailing listand hundreds of people looking at the productivity posts every day. The people who subscribe to this blog, retweet it, or re-share posts on my Facebook page have an emotional connection to the site. They like (or at least that's what I am told) to engage. To connect. To collaborate. To learn. I grow each and every day as a result of the comments left by my blog followers, Facebook fans, Twitter and Google+ followers. It is as a result of these successes, that Mike Vardy even invited me to be a contributor on Lifehack and I'm beyond thrilled to begin that amazing adventure!!! Tara Rodden Robinson, The Productivity Maven, has invited me to be on her Advisory Board at ProductivityHQ.com!

Do you get traffic like Lifehack.org or Lifehacker?

Sadly, I don't. Is it my goal? Absolutely. At this juncture though, to be successful I believe, does not equal having 10,000 hits to my site each day. Seth Godin, marketing guru & best selling author said once that

Tribes give ordinary people the power to lead and make big change.

With your help, perhaps we can build an even bigger tribe and make even bigger changes! We can, together, do great things to fundamentally change the way get things done on a much larger scale.

What topics can I write about?

Mainly productivity. That's a pretty broad topic, so it can include things such as workflow best practices, time management processes, minimalism, book reviews, app reviews, etc.

How often can I write?

As often as you like! I'd like to use as much content as I can, so even if we have your post in the queue, we'll get it up there!

Can I use content I've already posted somewhere else?

Ideally, it would great if you produced unique content for the site and then re-shared like crazy with all of your followers. However, if it is something you've done in the past and feel it would be go over really well here, that'll be okay in the beginning.

Will I get paid?

Not in cash, at least. But the value of you helping others become more productive and successful at home, work and life in general is priceless!

I'm in. How do I get started?

Now that's a great question! Either leave a comment below with your e-mail address or just e-mail me and let me know. We'll begin our journey together from there...

Thank you to all of you! This is going to be awesome and I can't wait!

• Level 5*

Hi Dan. Thanks for inviting everyone to contribute their thoughts on productivity. I think your blog (http://www.dangoldesq.com/) is looking very good, and I look forward to seeing it evolve in the future, especially with contributions from other productivity mavens. I think you need a name and a mascot for your tribe, though :)

Hi Dan. Thanks for inviting everyone to contribute their thoughts on productivity. I think your blog (http://www.dangoldesq.com/) is looking very good, and I look forward to seeing it evolve in the future, especially with contributions from other productivity mavens. I think you need a name and a mascot for your tribe, though :)

HA!! LOL!! Chris - I hearby elect you as Chief Mascot Officer! :)

Archived